About Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal is published continuously since 1977. The College is affiliated with the University of Kerala.
About International Mediation Competition 2022 –
First International Mediation Competition (IMC) organised by Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram is a step taken towards acting as facilitator in increasing the ADR Culture among aspiring lawyers. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the 1st International Mediation Competition hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held via virtual mode on 23rd Maarch 2022 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The competition is conducted through the online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and time. This is a mandatory requirement for participation. We look forward to hosting you, Welcome aboard !!!
Who all can participate ?
The Competition is open to all Law Colleges / Law Schools and Faculties / Universities; Departments of Law in India (hereafter “participating institutions”) recognized by the Bar Council of India. Students doing post-graduation in law and students undergoing correspondence courses are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
1. Cross-Institute Teams shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
2. Only one team from each participating institution shall be registered for the competition.
1. Provisional registration – All the interested institutions are requested to provisionally register by sending us an email at – [email protected] , the subject of the email should be “Provisional registration – 1st IMC 22 ”.
2. After the confirmation of provisional registration, the participants must register on or before 18th March, 2022 by submitting the duly filled Proforma provided on the Kerala Law Academy Website.
3. The Participants are required to register as a Team of 3 students viz, a Mediating Pair (Client and Counsel) and a Mediator.
4. The Organizing Committee will communicate the acceptance of the provisional registration and e-mail the payment gateway link along with all other necessary details for the completion of registration formalities.
5. On successful completion of the payment, The Organizing Committee shall send a confirmation of participation email after verifying the entire process.
Stages of the Competition –
The competition will take place in three stages. At each stage, there will be two rounds for one pair of teams.
Preliminary Rounds – Each Team shall be once the Responding Party and once the Requesting Party in each session.
No Team shall compete against the same team more than once in the Preliminary Rounds, nor will they compete before the same panel of judges.
Semi Finals – The 4 best teams from the preliminary stages will compete in pairs.
Finals – The best two teams from the semi-finals will face each other.
For any queries, please write to [email protected] or contact any of the following –
1. Mrs. Priya M.K – 9633311359
2. Mrs. Salini A.P – 7012480983
3. Mr. N.K Sasidharan
4. Mrs. Darsana S Thampi
5. Mrs. Radhika R P
6. Mr. Shakti Prabha
1. Ajay Y (Student Convenor, Moot Court Society) – 9746525734
2. Sruthi Kannan (Student Joint Convenor, Moot Court Society) – 8921194385
3. Hrishikesh Jayasarman (Student Joint Convenor, Moot Court Society) – 7025263839
4. Darsana Vikram
5. Nandakishore A
6. Gopika Sasi
7. Sreedurga M. U
8. Arjun P.M
Student Co Convenors:
1. Anagha S.
2. Abraham J
3. Devika. S
4. Sangeet Mohan
- Internship Opportunity – Judicial Integrity Network in ASEAN, UNDP : Apply by 19th May
- Legal Internship at Sapphire and Sage Law Offices, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Legal Jobs – 17th May 2022
- Assessment Internship at Arcum Global, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Call for Papers: International Seminar (12th Virtual) on Changing Dimensions of Media Law [June 25th] by Kerala Law Academy: Submit By June 2nd
- Know Your IP Week-23 Online Lecture/Webinar on topic: Contemporary Developments in Trademark Registration on 21-05-2022 by DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University
- Arbitration Lecture Series by GNLU: 20th May 2022
- Legal Internship at Duroflex, Bengaluru: Apply Now
- Legal Internship at Yotta Infrastructure Solutions, Mumbai: Apply Now
- 3rd Edition of Project Dhananjay – Dhananjay 2022 by CAN Foundation (Financial Aid for NLU Graduates): Apply by 31st May 2022
- Legal Internship at Blockcube, Gurugram: Apply Now
- 3rd Shamnad Basheer Essay Competition on Intellectual Property Law (Prizes Worth 30k) by Spicy IP: Submit by 14th July 2022
- Legal Jobs – 14th May 2022
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) under Adv. Pratiksha Roy, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Synergy Partners, Delhi: Apply by May 17!
- 1st RGNUL Arbitration Essay Writing Competition 2022: Submit by May 26!
- Paralegal (Contractual) at Vice Media, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Kapil Dixit & Co. Advocates, Bangalore: Apply by May 22!
- Legal Internship at SoOLEGAL, Delhi: Apply by May 16!
- Legal Internship at NSG Law, Chandigarh: Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.