About Adv Akaant K:
Akaant K M is a litigating lawyer practising primarily in the Constitutional Courts and the National Company Law Tribunals in Delhi and Chandigarh. He was enrolled as an Advocate in 2016 and since graduation, has been an active law practitioner in the subject area of insolvency law, civil and commercial writ petitions, criminal appeals, regular second appeals in civil matters, and regular and anticipatory bails. He is also empanelled with Union Bank of India, Markfed, Milkfed and Dept of Local Government Punjab.
As an active member of the civil society, he impugned the constitutional vires of the Service Rules for Home Peons and secured the compliance of the Minimum Wages Act. He had also been a Para Legal Volunteer for the District Legal Services Authority (Sangrur). During his tenure as a member of the Legal Services Committee at the law school in the year 2013-14, he had secured release of two accused in respective cases, who despite being granted bail were still languishing in the jail.
He was elected as the Executive Member by the Punjab and Haryana Bar Association in 2018 and during law school, served as the Convener of the Moot Court Committee in the year 2015-16.
With a keen interest in legal research and discipline, he has qualified the UGC – NET (National Eligibility Test) exam in 2018. He has written several research articles published in several reputed journals. He had also undertaken an empirical study titled “Community Service An Alternative Form of Punishment” published by LNJN National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science (under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt of India).
In 2020, Akaant authored an extensive commentary on “Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code – Law and Practice” published by EBC Publications. He is also an active contributor on his blog obiterndictum.wordpress.com and an expert columnist at SCC Online.
About the Opportunity
Adv Akaant has been invited to write for the annual publication of the IBBI slated to be released on 1st October 2022.
Keeping in line with his personal tradition of taking up writing work with fellow researchers and aspirants in the field of insolvency and bankruptcy, he has released a call for research assistants to assist in the enterprise.
Prior experience in the area of insolvency and bankruptcy.
Interested candidates may send their resume (focussing on writing skills and any prior experience in the area of insolvency and bankruptcy) by 8th February 2022 (23:59 hours). The same may be shared at [email protected].
For more info visit – LinkedIn
- Internship Opportunity – Judicial Integrity Network in ASEAN, UNDP : Apply by 19th May
- Legal Internship at Sapphire and Sage Law Offices, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Assessment Internship at Arcum Global, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Legal Internship at Duroflex, Bengaluru: Apply Now
- Legal Internship at Yotta Infrastructure Solutions, Mumbai: Apply Now
- 3rd Edition of Project Dhananjay – Dhananjay 2022 by CAN Foundation (Financial Aid for NLU Graduates): Apply by 31st May 2022
- Legal Internship at Blockcube, Gurugram: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) under Adv. Pratiksha Roy, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Synergy Partners, Delhi: Apply by May 17!
- Paralegal (Contractual) at Vice Media, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Kapil Dixit & Co. Advocates, Bangalore: Apply by May 22!
- Legal Internship at SoOLEGAL, Delhi: Apply by May 16!
- Legal Internship at NSG Law, Chandigarh: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Axis Trustee Services Limited, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Kulfi Collective, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Civis Consultatio Fellowship 2022: Apply by May 24!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at SS Global Law Firm: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawkars Legal Solutions LLP, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chilana & Chilana Law Offices, Delhi: Apply by May 13!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.