The Centre for Parliamentary Studies, NLIU (CPS) is now accepting submissions for the inaugural edition of
the NLIU Journal for Legislative Drafting and Parliamentary Research (JLDPR). The Journal is an annual,
double-blind, peer-reviewed publication of CPS. It aims to generate interest in the realm of constitutional law
and public policy research and also to provide a forum for debate and discussion on contemporary
developments in the field.
NLIU is amongst the nation’s premier law schools. The University constantly strives to enhance the legal
landscape of the country. It aims to contribute towards national development by instilling a sense of
responsibility within the student community while at the same time cultivating a spirit of intellectual freedom,
qualities of leadership and imaginative power. It has always been an endeavour of the university to ensure its
students are capable and efficient in their abilities in advocacy, judicial and legal services, legislations and law
About the Centre for Parliamentary Studies
The centre has been established with the objective of promoting advanced learning in constitutional law,
public policy research, and legislative drafting. CPS seeks to engage itself in academic discourse and research
projects on contemporary public policy issues. The centre also aims to become an instrumental organization
in the holistic development of the Indian legal system by aiding the participants in acquainting themselves
with important aspects of the profession
JLDPR welcomes original, contemporary, analytical, and unpublished manuscripts on constitutional law,
legislative drafting, parliamentary research, and public policy from students, academics, and professionals. The
submissions are expected to be of contemporary relevance and must demonstrate high standards of academic
- Long Articles: Long articles should provide an in-depth study of the contemporary legal issue. We intend to incorporate critical analysis and original assertions on the said issue. [Word Limit: 5,000-10,000 words (exclusive of footnotes)]
- Short Articles: Short articles should include condensed studies on contemporary legal issues. The nature of the writing should preferably include descriptive analysis and informed comments on any new ideas and perspectives.[Word Limit: 3000-5000 words (exclusive of footnotes)]
- Book Review: All the book reviews must embody an assessment of ideas promoted by the author of the book from the point of view of originality, extent of analysis, and quality. [Word Limit: 1500-3000 words (exclusive of footnotes)]
- Case Comments: Case comments should include the interpretation of any landmark judicial pronouncement on any contemporary legal issue. Brief information regarding contribution to and digression from the existing laws would be appreciated. [Word Limit: 1500-3000 words (exclusive of footnotes)]
- Legislative Briefs: Legislative briefs should determine the implications of any existing or proposed Indian legislation. The author(s) may concentrate on a specific section or sections of the legislation, or they may present an overview of the legislation. [Word Limit: 1500-3000 words (exclusive of footnotes)]
- The submissions are to be made only in Microsoft Word Format (.docx or .doc files) by sending an email to [email protected]
- Emails must mention the subject: “Call for Papers – JLDPR” followed by the title of the paper. Soft copies should be submitted by 23:59 hours, March 15, 2022.
- Heading and sub-headings will be formatted with case sizes of 14 and 12 respectively in Times New Roman and Bold.
- Body of the writing will be formatted with case size 12 in Times New Roman.
- Footnotes shall follow the line spacing of 1, and the rest of the manuscript shall follow the line spacing of 1.5.
- All referencing and footnoting shall strictly adhere to the 20th edition of the Bluebook.
- All articles, and short articles, must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two.
- The authors shall not disclose their identity anywhere in the body of the manuscript.
- The submission shall also contain a separate cover letter in the body of the email enumerating the following details:
- Name of the author(s),
- Address of the author(s),
- Phone Numbers of the author(s),
- Title of the manuscript
- Submission Category
- Name of the institution/Organization
- Year of study/ Designation
- Email address(s)
- The author(s) must include a declaration in a separate attachment attesting that the submission is the author(s)’ original work and has not been submitted to any other journal for consideration. In case of any copyright infringement claims, the editorial board of the journal shall not be liable. The author shall also vest the sole copyright of the manuscript with the CPS upon the acceptance of the submission.
All submissions are to be made only through email before or at 23:59 hours, 15th March 2022.
For further clarification, please feel free to contact the CPS Editorial Team at [email protected] or Sahil
Sonkusale (Editor-in-Chief) at 7415552953 or Vivek Badkur (Editor-in-Chief) at 9131075603.
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.