Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a statutory body established under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 under the aegis of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. It is the apex body responsible for ensuring food safety and compliance to food standards across the country.
About the Internship
FSSAI internship programme will provide Interns with unique learning opportunities in various areas of food regulation of food safety administration.
Students pursuing a full-time Graduate/Post Graduate Degree/higher degree from a Recognized Institute within India/ abroad, in any of the following:
a. Pursuing Post Graduate Degree/B.Tech/BE froma recognized University or Institution in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Food Technology or Food Science & Technology or Food & Nutrition or Edible Oil Technology or Microbiology or Dairy Technology or Agricultural or horticultural Sciences or Industrial Microbiology or Toxicology or Public Health or Life Science or Biotechnology or Fruit & Vegetable Technology or Food Safety & Quality Assurance.
b. Business Administration & Management including policy regulation and related fields – Only at FSSAI(HQ)
C. PG Diploma/Degree in, Journalism, Mass Communication and Public Relations.
d. B.E. / B. Tech (Only 3rd and 4th Year students not for 2nd or 1st Year) in Computer Science/ Information Technology Software Engineering or related Stream.
e. Post Graduate Degree/Diploma in Public Policy Public Administration. – Only for FSSAI (HQ).
f. Bachelor/Master of Law – Only for FSSAI(HQ)
- All the students who have completed their above-mentioned courses need not apply.
- Multiple applications will not be entertained.
- All candidates to ensure that the place for an internship that they are opting for has the subject/topic available with that place i.e. in the case of FSSAI lab only technical qualified candidates will be eligible.
- For any query related to the Internship Programme at FSSAI, students may contact through email at [email protected] only.
The internship will be available throughout the year at different points of time, Internship will be offered for the duration of up to 03 months, which may be extended to a maximum period of 06 months. No internship of duration less than a month will be offered
|Sl. No.||Region||Topics/Subjects for internship|
Finance & Accounts
Social & Behavioral Change
NR Delhi, Mumbai,
Chennai & Kolkata)
|Food Imports Clearance and|
|3.||National Food Laboratory, Ghaziabad and Kolkata||Food sampling and testing.|
Interns would be required to have their own laptops. FSSAI shall provide working space, internet facility and other necessities but shall not cover local lodging and travel facilities. FSSAI will not bear the expenses of any Boarding.
(a) Interested and eligible students can apply online in the specified format as per the timelines provided by FSSAI. Applicants, who have applied for internships for previous months, need to apply afresh.
(b) The shortlisted candidates may be required to submit a short write up/presentation for final selection.
(c) The final list of selected candidates along with their date of joining and Internship tenure would be declared online on the FSSAI website by the respective office where they have opted for internship.
(d) At the time of joining, Intern would be required to carry a letter from their Institute indicating his/her status in the Institution as a student and “No Objection Certificate” for allowing him/her to undergo Internship Program for the period for which he/she is selected, if applicable. A character certificate from the authority of the Institute, along with proof of educational qualifications as mentioned in the application form would also need to be submitted at the time of joining for internship.
Stipend / Perks
A stipend of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) for the internship period will be given to the deserving Interns on the recommendation of the Office/Division that they are attached with by the respective FSSAI (HQ)/Regional Offices/Laboratories. The criteria for deserving interns will be decided based on their (a) attendance, (b) assessment by their respective reporting officers; and ( c) evaluation of the report by the Committee.
All the interns will be awarded a certificate by the respective FSSAI (HQ)/Regional Offices/
Laboratories on successful completion of the internship i.e. on submission and review of final report/presentation.
|Starting date of receiving application||21st March 2022|
|Last date for submitting an online application||25th March 2022|
|Announcement of Shortlisted candidates||29th March 2022|
|Date of Joining|
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.