About International Bridges to Justice
International Bridges to Justice (IBJ) is dedicated to protecting the basic legal rights of ordinary citizens in developing countries. Specifically, IBJ works to guarantee all citizens the right to competent legal representation, the right to be protected from cruel and unusual punishment, and the right to a fair trial. IBJ’s approach involves partnering with governments, based on a more participatory and inclusive approach.
We collaborate with State institutions in all of the countries where we work, offering insight from over 15 years of work and helping them to reform their legal systems from within. IBJ also works with the existing defender community which enables the programs to develop deep roots among the practitioners, thus developing a sustainable infrastructure for legal rights that is an inherent feature of a country’s judicial system.
About the Internship
International Bridges to Justice India is looking for outstanding, self-motivated law candidates for the position of Legal Intern to be part of its Juvenile Justice Project which is a donor-funded initiative commencing in April 2022.
This project aims to integrate effective legal representation, research and training for the promotion and protection of legal rights for all Children in Conflict with Law and young offenders in India. Specifically, the project aims to provide legal and counselling support, training, capacity building and rehabilitation initiatives for children in conflict with the law and, to legal and administrative stakeholders of the juvenile justice system in India. The overall objective of the project is to contribute towards promoting a responsive and accountable juvenile justice system in India.
- IBJ welcomes Final Year law students at Indian law schools or recent graduates from Indian law schools who wish to begin an internship with us.
- The internship will take place physically at IBJ’s office in New Delhi.
- The interns must commit to work for a period of 3 months
- Please note that IBJ cannot provide any form of financial support for this internship opportunity.
The Interns will be responsible for a variety of tasks under the supervision of the IBJ India Country Director, including but not limited to:
- Assisting Lawyers with litigation cases before courts and tribunals for the effective representation of children and their legal rights.
- Contributing to overall strategies, swift justice and child-sensitive process and assisting the legal team on a case-by-case basis.
- Accompanying the legal team in the field to meet with CCLs clients and their families as and when required.
- Research and analysis of legal and policy issues affecting children’s rights and, important cases relating to juvenile justice in various courts and tribunals.
- Supporting the development of Training and capacity building programs for police, lawyers, defenders and judges overseeing cases of child abuse and children in conflict with the law.
- Collaborating with concerned national and state authorities, especially police and prosecution, Child Welfare Committees (CWC), Juvenile Justice Boards (JJBs), Courts, Ministry / Department of Women and Child Development, Ministry / Department of Law & Justice, Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) and such other authorities and agencies as may be important for legal casework management, training, research, law and policy reform.
All prospective interns must send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] and cc [email protected] The cover letter should explain your motivation to intern at IBJ, your proposed period of internship, and any special circumstances that you would like to note to us.
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.