About Indian Patent Office
The Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs & Trade Marks (CGPDTM) is located at Mumbai. The Head Office of the Patent office is at Kolkata and its Branch offices are located at Chennai, New Delhi and Mumbai. The Trade Marks registry is at Mumbai and its Branches are located in Kolkata, Chennai, Ahmedabad and New Delhi. The Design Office is located at Kolkata in the Patent Office. The Offices of The Patent Information System (PIS) and National Institute of Intellectual Property Management (NIIPM) are at Nagpur. The Controller General supervises the working of the Patents Act, 1970, as amended, the Designs Act, 2000 and the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and also renders advice to the Government on matters relating to these subjects. In order to protect the Geographical Indications of goods a Geographical Indications Registry has been established in Chennai to administer the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999 under the CGPDTM.
The Union Cabinet approved the National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy on 12th May, 2016 that lays the future roadmap for IPRs in India. The Policy recognizes the abundance of creative and innovative energies that flow in India, and the need to tap into and channelize these energies towards a better
and brighter future for all.
About the Opportunity
This internship program aims to work towards the fulfilment of the following objectives of the National IPR Policy 2016:
– Objective 1
IPR Awareness: Outreach and Promotion – To create public awareness about the economic, social and cultural benefits of IPRs among all sections of society.
– Objective 2
Generation of IPRs – To stimulate the generation of IPRs
– Objective 7
Human Capital Development – To strengthen and expand human resources, institutions and capacities for teaching, training, research and skill building in IPRs
A. The applicant should:
(a) be a citizen of India; and
(b) is pursuing or has completed:
i. post-graduation / doctoral studies in science, or
ii. graduation / post-graduation / doctoral studies in engineering or technology
iii. graduation / post-graduation / doctoral studies in law, from any University established under law for the time being in force in the territory of India.
B. In case of candidates pursuing graduation / post-graduation / doctoral studies, internship should be a requirement specified under their course curriculum.
C. The graduation / post-graduation / doctoral studies shall be from a government recognized institute.
D. The application for internship shall be accompanied by a recommendation from the Head of Institution.
No of Interns
The number of interns to be taken every year by the office of CGPDTM will be decided by the office every year depending upon the requirement, infrastructure and other facilities of the office.
The duration of the internship shall be as per the requirement of the course curriculum.
Place of internship
Place of internship can be at the IP Office Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and RGNIIPM, Nagpur.
No honorarium of any sort shall be paid to the intern.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights relating to any protectable subject matter created by the intern under the course of internship shall belong to Office of CGPDTM. However due acknowledgement will be given to the interns in the certificate.
A leave of three days per month, excluding medical leave, will be provided to the intern.
Outcome of the internship
Interns will be given assignment on the emerging issues in patents and will be required to submit a research paper at the end of the internship program.
Upon successful completion of internship, a certificate shall be issued by the Head of Office where the intern has interned.
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to submit their CV and a cover letter containing a brief synopsis of the proposed topic of study during the internship to [email protected]. Internships shall be filled by way of a selection process as adopted by the office of CGPDTM.
Selected interns will have to provide a certified copy of their certificates.
Interns shall not be treated as staff members.
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.