About Jindal Global Law School
The Jindal Global Law School is committed to providing global legal education to its students. To fulfil this objective, the curriculum and pedagogy is designed to give extensive exposure to students to domestic, international and comparative law courses. JGLS has also entered into collaborations, exchange programmes, research partnerships and other forms of engagement and interaction with top universities and institutions across the globe.
About the Event
Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) – India’s top-ranked law school – invites applications from eligible candidates for a two-day intensive and residential Faculty Development Programme (FDP) in the eld of international law.
As international law has entered its “post ontological”era, the discipline has undergone a larger reimagination in its thought and praxis. The transformation has been happening not only in general international law but also in all its specialized branches. Transformations are primarily reected on the doctrines—both general and special—and have an impact on their functions as they nd newer contexts of application. These epistemological developments have also transformed the professional sensibilities of international law and the way international law is practiced. As a way of response, international law has adopted a new language and imagination. It is these trends and the response to them that we refer to as reimagination and that which this FDP aims to capture.
-To get young scholars to familiarize themselves with the postmodern transformations in international law
-To introduce international law teachers to contemporary and relevant debates in international law
-To understand the pedagogic challenges in teaching the transformations in international law
-To develop innovative pedagogies for teaching international law
-To contribute towards a vibrant culture of research and publishing in international law in India and South Asia
This programme will be held through classroom lectures involving a high level of participation from the learners participating in the programme. The contents will be taught by some of the most experienced academics who have extensively researched and published on international law and its specialized
branches. Their experience and expertise will help early-career academics to understand the unique challenges that besiege the eld of international law.
In addition, the interactive nature of the programme will allow the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes a greater understanding of the contemporary issues of international law.
Members of the academic community, e.g., associate professors, assistant professors, lecturers, assistant
lecturers, research fellows, teaching fellows, research associates, research assistants, and doctoral students,
working at both public or private universities, think tanks, non-governmental organisations, and research centres, who hold an LL.B./LL.M. degree, are eligible to apply.
LLB and LLM students are not eligible for this programme.
We strongly encourage those individuals who are teaching and/or researching in the area of international
law to apply, although others who wish to enrich their knowledge of international law can also be considered
subject to the availability of seats
A maximum of 50 candidates will be selected for this programme.
A fee of Rs. 10,000 per candidate (inclusive of 18% GST) will be charged for the Programme. This fee will cover a two-night accommodation at the JGU campus, meals, coffee/tea breaks, stationary, and study materials. The full fee will have to be mandatorily paid two weeks before the start of the programme. In case of cancellation, only 50% of the money will be refunded.
The selection will be based on academic qualications, experience in teaching and/or research, and publications. The selection committee will also consider several other factors such as geographical representation and maintaining a gender balance.
Candidates should submit a 500-word expression of interest and their CV listing their academic qualications, relevant work experience, academic accomplishments, and peer-reviewed publications if any. The applications should reach the organizers by Sunday, 5 June 2022. Selected candidates will be informed within a week from the last date.
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bajaj Allianz, Pune: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AMRG & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply by Sep 30!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of a Sitting Judge at the Delhi High Court: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at the Law Office of Aishwarye Dubey, Mumbai: Apply by Oct 10!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Verdictum: Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Junior Lawyer at Independent Thought, Greater Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thomas George and Associates, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at WDE- World Disputes Ecosystem: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at ConsultCorp Legal Services, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at G D Bansal & Associates, Jaipur: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KZJ Partners, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Angad Haksar & Associates Law Firm, Jaipur: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Sirius Legal, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lynx Litigation Partners, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Jawa Capital Services, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Membership at CanonSphere: Apply by Sept 24!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Chamber of Advocate Manasi Bhushan, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (Legal Content Writer) with stipend at KSK Advocates: Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.