At Civis we have developed a platform that enables citizens engagement, in our democracies, by creating a channel for constructive dialogue between citizens and the Government on draft laws and policies.
Through Civis, individuals in India can understand an upcoming law or policy and share their feedback on this law, this feedback goes straight to lawmakers. This crucial step of consultation allows for participatory design of policies, increased trust and dialogue.
At Civis we work across two verticals:
– On national level policies, through our website www.civis.vote.
– At the grassroots with urban local bodies, and non-profit partners.
As a Consultatio Fellow, you will be involved with both these verticals.
On our online platform (www.civis.vote), we:
? Aggregate all open laws seeking feedback.?
? Simplify these laws in easy to understand language.?
? Translate them into local languages.?
? Reach out to individuals and gather inputs on these laws.?
? Analyse and share citizen’s feedback with the Government – building Government capacity to run effective Consultations, and gather actionable insights.
Civis is built and maintained by Civic Innovation Foundation, a non-profit organisation.
About the Opportunity
Civis Consultatio Fellowship for Emerging Young Leaders
Are you driven by a passion to do meaningful work that has a tangible impact? At Civis, we’re uniquely placed – and working with large audiences across socio-economic strata.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to facilitating and managing public consultations on draft laws and policies on the platform.
- Scoping and staying updated on new draft policies open for consultation by Centre and State governments, along with local level authorities and updating the team about the same.
- Keeping tabs on the deadlines, extensions of various consultations and updating them on Trello and Civis’ backend admin panel accordingly.
- Writing and editing scripts for consultations where videos are being made
- Mapping the relevant policy update against the given consultation
- Creating and maintaining an archive of past consultations
- Managing the Policy Leaders Internship Programme
- Tracking and reporting progress of pre-legislative consultation process in India
- Assisting in Outreach and Communications
- Drafting and sending Citizen Engagement Reports in cases of successful public consultations.
- Drafting consultation summaries for government partners
- Law degree essential
- 0-2 years of experience, preferably in policy analysis
- Experience with editing law reviews/journals/magazines preferred
- A strong interest in mobilising students for college clubs/societies preferred
- Ability to understand and learn a content management system for our website
- Demonstrated interest in furthering civic-engagement and participation amongst communities
One year full time in-person fellowship, beginning June/July 2022
Rs40,000/- per month
How to Apply:
Applications are open until 24th May 2022, to apply click here
- Internship Opportunity – Judicial Integrity Network in ASEAN, UNDP : Apply by 19th May
- Legal Internship at Sapphire and Sage Law Offices, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Assessment Internship at Arcum Global, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Legal Internship at Duroflex, Bengaluru: Apply Now
- Legal Internship at Yotta Infrastructure Solutions, Mumbai: Apply Now
- 3rd Edition of Project Dhananjay – Dhananjay 2022 by CAN Foundation (Financial Aid for NLU Graduates): Apply by 31st May 2022
- Legal Internship at Blockcube, Gurugram: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) under Adv. Pratiksha Roy, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Synergy Partners, Delhi: Apply by May 17!
- Paralegal (Contractual) at Vice Media, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Kapil Dixit & Co. Advocates, Bangalore: Apply by May 22!
- Legal Internship at SoOLEGAL, Delhi: Apply by May 16!
- Legal Internship at NSG Law, Chandigarh: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Axis Trustee Services Limited, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Kulfi Collective, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Civis Consultatio Fellowship 2022: Apply by May 24!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at SS Global Law Firm: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawkars Legal Solutions LLP, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chilana & Chilana Law Offices, Delhi: Apply by May 13!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.