The Delhi State Legal Services Authority provides free and competent legal aid and services by advising on legal aspects, assigning lawyers to certain categories and runs helpline services to give quick and easy access to legal advice and services. It also conducts Legal Service Clinics, Lok Adalats, Special Lok Adalats and Permanent Lok Adalats, Legal awareness Programmes for general masses, Pre-Institution Mediation in Commercial Matters and Granting compensation to the victims under the Delhi Victims Compensation Scheme 2018.
About the Legal Internship
Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DSLSA) offers highly-motivated law students an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of our Authority which is working towards “Access to Justice for all”. DSLSA invites online applications for the Summer Internship Program – 2022 from law students of various Law Universities/Colleges of India. However, the mode of the Summer Internship Program may vary depending upon the COVID situation.
DSLSA allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and the latest research experiences to improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The objective of program is to provide first-hand experience of day-to-day operations of the Authority by closely working at grass root level of our Society as well as hands on experience on legal issues faced by people at large. This is a unique opportunity to have a feel of free legal aid system and how different stakeholders work in tandem with each other to ensure that the benefit of various welfare scheme of Government. as well as DSLSA/NALSA reach to the marginalized section of the society.
We invite motivated students who take initiative and have zeal to work for the marginalized sections of the society join hands with us. We welcome students who are flexible, have a positive attitude and have empathy to work for different sections of the society
Law students of IInd, IIIrd& IVth year (Five years course) and 1st & IInd Year (Three years Course) are eligible to apply for this program.
- Efficiency in written communication
- Legal writing skills
- Basic legal knowledge
Field Areas for Internship
- Delhi High Court
- Department of Family Welfare, GNCTD of Delhi
- Motor Accident Claim Tribunal
- Special Courts exercising jurisdiction over cases of Section 138 N.L Act
- Observation Homes for juveniles.
- Mental Health Institutions (IHBAS)
- Delhi Commission for Women
- Legal Services Clinics.
- Meditation Centres
- Family courts
- Labour Courts and Tribunals
- Juvenile Justice Boards
- Children Homes & Child Welfare Committees
- Civil & Criminal District Courts
- Lok Adalats
- Special Juvenile Police Unit, Delhi Police
- Police Stations/ Forensic Science Laboratory
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights/ Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights
- National Commission for Women/ Delhi Commission for women
- National Human Rights Commission
- National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission/ State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
- Old Age Homes
- Society for Promotion of Youth & Masses (SPYM)
- Door to Door Campaign
Internship Certificate at the successful completion of the internship.
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.