The National Law School of India University, the country’s most prestigious law school,was established by a Notification issued under the National Law School of India University Act (Karnataka Act 22 of 1986).The UGC, the Government of India, the Government of Karnataka, the Department of Women and Child Development, UN agencies, the World Bank, HIVOS, the Department of Justice, and others have all financed research initiatives at the Law School. The projects have improved research and teaching at the Law School. Since its founding, the National Law School of India University has taken proactive initiatives to organise conferences, seminars, workshops, refresher courses, and certificate courses to keep academicians, law teachers, students, and industry employees up to date on a variety of topics.
About the Opportunity
To familiarize the interested and willing students of Law with the provisions of Consumer Protection Laws and acquaint the interns with the need and importance of Consumer Protection and Consumer Welfare.
> Internship is open to students from recognized Law Institutions and Universities
> Students pursuing the following courses can apply:
– Second and third year of the Bachelor’s degree in Law (3-year course after graduation), or
– Fourth and final year of the integrated five-year course in Law.
– LLM Students
Scheme of Internship
> Internship is normally for a period of Minimum duration i.e., 20 to 30 working days. There will be a short induction programme on provision of Consumer Laws on the 1st day of the Internship.
> A centre will guide intern for their study during internship. Interns are required to present a paper/report on topic assigned preliminary within a week after joining the internship and finally towards the end of internship (4 days prior to the last date of the Internship). On the completion of the internship, students are required to submit a report of the work carried out and make a presentation on it. Late submission of the report or submission of the report after the internship period will be not accepted.
> Number of slots available in a month is two but not exceeding three in any case.
> Internship is a full-time programme and hence interns are required to observe the official working hours of the Centre (9:30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m. excluding lunch hours). Any absence during working hours may result in extension of the period of internship.
> Online Internship/Distance Internship are not allowed but may be allowed in rare circumstances like Covid-19 etc.., subject to approval and discretion of the Centre.
>The internship may be discontinued any time if the performance of the intern is not found satisfactory or the intern is absent without authorization of the guide.
> Intern will maintain the dignity, decorum and discipline in the CLAP Centre, failing which the internship will be liable to be terminated.
> Certificates will be issued to the interns on successful completion of their internship and on fulfilling all the mandatory requirements to the complete satisfaction of the Centre Head.
Internship Paper/Report on Assigned Topic (Mandatorily Observed): Process
> 1st phase: A schematic synopsis of the research to be undertaken by the Intern has to be submitted to the supervisor and approved by the Centre Head.
> 2nd phase: Literature review/Collection of Resources/ development in the research should be updated timely.
> 3rd phase: Mandatory Presentation on the research undertaken by the Intern at the end of the internship.
> 4th phase: Final report to be submitted after incorporating the suggestions and inputs provided during the presentation.
Last-minute hurry should be avoided. Regular interaction & update the progress of the research should be discussed with the supervisor.
> The Interns should adhere on Standard format for footnotes, citations, table of authorities and bibliography.
> The submission must be an original work of the Intern and free from Plagiarism. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification and internship certificate will not be issued for the same.
> The outcome of the study during internship will remain as intellectual property of the Centre and interns cannot use it without prior approval of the Centre.
> Intern shall never disclose any confidential information learned during and after the term of Internship to others without written consent from the Centre.
No amount will be given as honorarium during the internship
How to Apply
> Interested students may apply in the prescribed form given in Annexure-A with detailed CV. Application in any other format will not be entertained.
> Application must contain recommendation of the competent authority from the academic institution, where the candidate is pursuing her/his studies. Applications received without recommendations will not be entertained. Format for recommendation attached as Annexure-B
> Applications shall also contain undertaking as mentioned in Annexure-C.
> Applicants, along with application of Internship are required to submit a writeup note for about 1000 words on Consumer Protection Law or Mediation law for acceptance of Internship. It should broadly cover a brief introduction of the topic, objectives of the study, methodology to be employed and bibliography.
> Application should be made 1 month in advance, clearly mentioning the dates for which internship is to be considered.
> Applications in the prescribed format (completely scanned in all respects) may be sent to email id: [email protected] with subject as Application for Internship form dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy.
> The candidate is expected to make his/her own arrangement for accommodation during the internship period [However the candidate may approach the Chief Warden of the Halls of Residence of NLSIU for paid accommodation the allotment of hostel facility is at the discretion of Chief Warden & subject to availability].
> Interns are required to give an undertaking prior to joining the internship programme that:
-She/He shall strictly maintain full confidentiality and secrecy of any information/matter relating to Centre
– The outcome of the study during internship will remain as intellectual property of the Centre and interns cannot use it without prior approval of the centre.
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.