The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future.
Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
About the Opportunity
Vidhi is interested in hiring a Research Fellow for its Maharashtra Office. The Vidhi Maharashtra Office aims at facilitating legal reforms at the state level by providing research and drafting assistance to the state government offices, and also through independent legal research.
The Fellow will be an integral part of Vidhi and primarily work on inter-disciplinary projects in the domain of legal policy work that is tied to state-level reforms, and will be expected to:
• Undertake high-quality legal research, analysis, and legislative drafting for engaged government projects as well as independent projects taken on by Vidhi at its own behest.
• Prepare quality reports, research notes, and presentations.
• Participate in meetings with government officials and other stakeholders, for presenting Vidhi’s research work.
• Be organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
• Write articles, blogs and participate in podcasts to disseminate Vidhi’s research work.
• Undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Law.
• 0-3 years of demonstrable work experience in the domain of legal research (those with work experience will be preferred, and an LLM will be considered as work experience).
• Fluency in Marathi.
• Excellent legal research and writing/drafting skills.
• Excellent communication/presentation skills.
• Experience in interacting with government officials, civil society groups, and concerned stakeholders.
• Prior experience in data gathering and empirical research methods.
• Prior publications in legal journals and newspapers.
Location and Salary
• This is a full-time position based out of Mumbai.
• The Fellow will be engaged in this position for a duration of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance.
• Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document:
1. Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) is not more than two A4 pages.
2. An original writing sample of not more than 1000 words with an in-depth analysis on any recent legal issue, that demonstrates the candidate’s legal analysis and writing skills.
3. A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words.
4. Names and contact details of two academic or professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The deadline to submit applications is 10 June 2022.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail addressed to [email protected], titled ‘Vidhi Maharashtra – Application for Research Fellow’. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.