The Bihar Chapter of IDIA (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education) is delighted to announce its National PIL Competition (Drafting & Pleading) in association with Dua Associates and Your Legal Career Coach (YLCC).
About our Sponsors
Dua Associates is India’s leading full service law firm set up in 1986, serving several Fortune 500 companies, publicly-listed companies. public-sector enterprise as well as many multinational and multilateral organisations and brand names from the U.S., Europe, Japan and ASEAN.
Your Legal Career Coach (YLCC)
Your Legal Career Coach (YLCC) is an initiative to create a dedicated platform for lawyers and law students to help them with their career goals. It is founded by Sammanika Rawat, an Internationally Certified Career Coach and Internationally accredited Mediator. She graduated from NUJS, Kolkata and has worked with clients like CIDCO, Mumbai Metro, Ministry of Shipping etc., as a corporate lawyer.
The aim here is to bridge the gap between NLUs and Non-NLUs, First Generation and Second/Third Generation Lawyers, Metro City Students and Remote Students.
About the Competition
Public Interest Litigation (PIL) is Indian judiciary’s unique gift to constitutional jurisprudence. PIL provides a relaxation in the procedural requirements for approaching the Judiciary in cases where the “interest” of the “public” is under threat. It is an invitation extended to all the public-spirited individuals to knock on the Court’s door if they witness constitutional neglect or lawlessness.
The main objective of public interest litigation is to safeguard the interests of the society and ensure that justice is served to all, irrespective of social, financial, and socio-economic backwardness.
The principal objective of the competition is to provide the budding minds of the legal fraternity an opportunity to understand the practical intricacies of drafting a PIL.
This competition is a fundraiser, the contribution made by the participants will be used for the purpose of funding the legal education of underprivileged and marginalised students.
Individual Participation as well as Participation in a team of two is allowed
Cross teams are allowed
- Students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3- year LL.B. course or 5 year LL.B. course from any recognized university/college in India
Internship opportunity at Dua Associates
Free Mentorship Sessions with YLCC
Certificates of Excellence and Participation
Minimum Contribution/ Registration fee
Single Participation: ? 200/-
Participation in a team of two: ? 250/-
Payment has to be made on the following UPI ID:
[email protected] / 8507130175 (Shubh Gautam)
Last Date for Registration: 30th June 2022
Last Date of Submission: 10th July 2022
Oral Rounds: 20th July 2022
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/g9QBkvi1s4pxHvwRA
In case of queries, feel free to reach out to:
Mukesh Kumar: 8083004848
Shubh Gautam: 8507130175
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.