The Centre for Mediation and Conciliation (CMC) in collaboration with the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (CADR, RGNUL) is organizing aWeb Series discussing the prospects of various careers in the field of ADR.
The Centre for Mediation and Conciliation (CMC) provides a much-needed neutral, institutional platform for resolving commercial disputes and wishes to promote an efficient, sustainable, and solution-oriented dispute resolution process, on the lines of ADR, for resolving commercial disputes. The Centre for Mediation and Conciliation has its rules for mediation, schedule of fees and a panel of mediators recognised by the Bombay High Court and Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) and eminent Mediators, including Justice B.N. Srikrishna, Justice Deepak Verma, Mr. Sriram Panchu, and Mr. Bill Marsh, to name a few, along with many other mediators with domain knowledge of relevant areas. The Centre is affiliated with the High Court of Bombay and the City and Sessions Court, Mumbai, as a Mediation Centre and successfully administers court referred commercial mediations. The Centre is also recognized by the Ministry of Law & Justice and Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India.
About the University
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law is a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
The Centre for Alternative Dispute resolution (CADR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law has been established to promote students’ and researchers’ interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution consisting dispute resolution mechanisms like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Conciliation. Started in 2018, the Centre strives to organize stimulating discourses which is relevant to, not only the academia, but also the professional world and thus add to the literature of ADR. In pursuance of its objectives, CADR has initiated various novel and successful events, lectures, competitions et. al. in collaboration with the valued partners in the professional and academic world.
About the Web Series
CMC in association with CADR, RGNUL is organising a Web series discussing the prospects of various careers in the ADR. The CMC invites students as attendees to have a candid Q&A session with many luminaries of the Legal Field and get their doubts cleared first-hand through the means of this series. The sessions will be moderated by students as well. It shall be held in the form of Seven Q&A sessions, each being an hour long-held consecutively on the weekend.
The series will assist students in not only defining a career path in ADR ahead of the complex and diverse range of options available in the field of Law; but it will also provide them with the benefit of the welcomed mentors and their esteemed experience, specifically in Arbitration, Mediation, and Negotiation. The unparalleled guidance in not only domestic but also international Arbitration and Mediation is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a student at the beginning of his or her career.
The Web Series is open for participation for all bonafide students enrolled in Law Degree courses. 3-Year (LL.B.) and 5-Year Integrated Course (B.A./BBA/B.Com/BSc., LL.B.) or Masters in Law Courses (LL.M.) in any recognised University and/or Law School across India.
Details of the Event
Dates: 25th June 2022 to 13th August 2022 [Every Saturday]
Time: 05:00 to 05:45 PM (IST)
Fee: INR 150/-
Interested students should register themselves following this link. The registration will said to be complete after the successful payment of the fees on the mentioned UPI ID ([email protected]). Registrations are open till 11.59 PM 22nd June 2022.
List of Speakers
We have invited a panel (expected) of distinguished practitioners and experts to provide students with a well-rounded and holistic insight into the field of ADR and career opportunities therein, who will collectively provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience for students looking to pursue ADR at a professional level. The list includes:
1. Mr. Garv Malhotra, Partner at Skywards Law
2. Mr. Jonathan Rodrigues, Mediator (UK/ India) | Coordinator, Co-founder, The PACT
3. Mr. Kartikey Mahajan, International Dispute Resolution Lawyer at Khaitan & Co
4. Ms. Namita Shah, Co-founder, Presolv360
5. Mr. JP Sengh, Senior Advocate, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution at the Delhi High Court
6. Ms. Neeti Sachdeva, Secretary-General and Registrar at Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration.
7. Mr. Rahul Donde, Counsel, Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler.
|25/06/2022||LLM in ADR|
|02/07/2022||Mediation – What and How?|
|16/07/2022||ADR in Corporate|
|23/07/2022||ODR – the new norm?|
|30/07/2022||Negotiating for your client|
|06/08/2022||What is Institutional Arbitration?|
An e-Certificate of Completion will be provided to all the participants.
Note: The certificate as mentioned above will be sent only to all those participants who attend each and every session of the Web Series.
Mr. Rachit Somani, Senior Member, CADR-RGNUL (+91 6376006259)
Mr. Hrishabh Khatwani, Member, CADR-RGNUL (+91 8380882288)For further details, please PFA theBrochure, the Poster and a compiled document containing all the details of the event.
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.