Kerala Law Academy Law College is inviting submissions for its 14th International Seminar on Exploring New Frontiers In Space- Law, Policy and Property Rights scheduled on August 20th 2022.
About the Organization
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal has been published continuously since 1977.
The College, affiliated to the University of Kerala, offers Undergraduate programs in BA LL.B. and B. Com LL.B. five-year integrated courses, LLB Unitary three-year course and Post-Graduate courses of LL.M (Administrative Law), LL.M (International Law) and MBL (Master of Business Law).
About the Seminar
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) and IQAC, KLA is organizing a One Day International Seminar on Exploring New Frontiers In Space- Law, Policy and Property Rights on August 20th 2022 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Officials from various Departments- Representatives from Institutions and Professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social Science Researchers and Faculty and Research Scholars.
As humans extend their reach in outer space, laws regulating human activities in that area are becoming more and more applicable and significant for both states and the commercial sector. The previous year has seen historic advances in spaceflight and space policy, even in the midst of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Property rights form a legal and economic basis to support investment and provide a structure for the allocation and management of resources.
As space technology and its implementations evolve, property rights to external space resources will rise in relevance. With a view to ensuring organized and systematic space exploitation and exploration, it increases the need for certain international regulatory and legislative changes. It is necessary to enact and harmonise domestic space laws in order to create a safe environment for space exploration in the sense of the legislative structure and it should be acknowledged that there is a clear need to find a balance between the need for treaties to be amended and reformed and the protection of issues that are evidently safe at present.
The Seminar will attempt to explore the different aspects of Space Law. The purpose of the seminar is to serve as a medium that enlightens the outcome, unsolved questions and further explore new directions in this field of law.
The Seminar is conducted through the online platform ZOOM. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
1.Space legislation in India.
2. Exploration and utilisation of space resources.
3. The mounting problem of space debris.
4. Understanding principles governing space law.
5. Laws relating to mining of the Moon and other celestial bodies.
6. International Treaties governing Space.
7. The Moon Agreement & India.
8. State vs Non-State Actors in Space.
9. Outer Space Security.
10. Space Insurance- legal framework for insurance, liability and coverage.
11. Space Arbitration- Dispute Settlement Mechanisms in Outer Space.
12. Space Policies in Emerging Countries.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 31st July 2022 by e-mail to: [email protected]
The Research Articles received would be published in Proceedings with ISBN.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
• Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title of seminar.
• The papers must be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, in justify not exceeding 2500 words including Title, details of the Author/s and Footnotes.
• Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (21st ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
• An Abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration.
• The Abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials and conclusion indicating author’s perspective.
• The Abstract must be mailed to [email protected] on or before July 31st, 2022. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following: Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address, Contact Number.
• The Submission should be in WORD FORMAT.
• All footnotes must adhere to 21st edition of Bluebook standards and must be styled using the footnote option in word. Borders, underlines or other design objects must not be included in the paper.
• References need not be mentioned at the end of a paper and must be included within footnotes.
• Precedents may be in Italics but not bold.
• All sub headings must be left aligned, in bold.
• The Papers shall be screened by a Committee. The Full Papers (2500 words) approved by the Committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Seminar. The intimation of selection will be made through E-mail.
• The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, E-mail id and Contact number. Authors are to give details in the Full Paper.
• Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the Seminar will be English, and presentations shall be done in English.
• Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the Seminar.
• Co-Authorship is allowed but limited to one Co-Author only.
• Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
• No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
• The Organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
• Publishing Charges if any demanded for the journal is to be paid by the author.
Kindly send the abstract on or before July 31st, 2022 by e-mail to [email protected]
• Submission of Abstracts: 31st July 2022.
• Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 2nd August 2022.
• Submission of Full paper: 14th of August 2022.
• Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 16th August 2022.
• Date of payment of Registration fee: 18th August 2022.
• International Seminar: August 20th 2022
Registration Fees and Payment Details
There is a registration fee of INR 750 per Author (Additional fee of INR 250 should be paid in the case of maximum one Co-Author).
For Seminar Participation only: INR 200.
The payment can be made through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website.
All the Participants registered for Presentation and Participation will be awarded with a respective E-certificate.
• Faculty Convenor:
o Smt. Serin Elza John (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College):- +91 9995599669
• Faculty Co-Convenor:
o Smt. Reshma Soman N. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College): – +91 9447250166
o Smt. Priya M.K. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College): – +91 9633311359
o Dr. Dakshina Saraswathy (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College): – +91 97441 69215
• Student Convenors:
1) Gautham Viswam – +91 88910 01101
2) Aswin Rajeev – +91 8089214552
3) Anjitha Unnithan – +91 9188860384
4) Lakshmi V.S.
5) Anagha S.
6) Jyothis C.M.
7) Millenian S.
8) Roshni S.
9) Sarmada Santhosh
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC): Apply Now!
- Research Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Rainmaker: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawssistance, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Armitage Legal Associates, Delhi: Apply by Dec 10!
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- 16TH Pro Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition, 2023 by TNDALU: Register by Jan 1 [Prizes Worth 1 Lakh]
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
- 4th GMU ACADEMY ON ADMIRALTY LAW- 2022 [19th –24th December 2022]: Register Now!
- 4 Day Workshop on Criminal Trial by The Law Company (TLC): Register by Dec 14!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Karnail Singh & Company, Advocates & Solicitors, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual National Conference on ‘Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction’ by NLSIU: Register by 20th Nov 2022
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Healthkart: Apply Now
- Call for Papers: 15th International Seminar on ‘Right to Privacy in Digital Era-Challenges and Solutions’: Submit by Nov 20, 2022
- 1st National Human Rights Moot Court Competition, 2022 by Xavier Law School, Bhubaneswar: 16th-18th December 2022
- Call for Papers: Maharishi Journal for Law & Society, Vol. IV Issue I with ISSN: 2581- 8007 by Maharishi Law School, Noida: Submit by 25 November 2022
- Call for Papers: JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal: Submit by December 05, 2022
- Call for Papers: International Conference by South Asian University: Submit Abstract by December 12, 2022
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.