NLU Delhi invites Research Papers/Abstracts for the 8th International Conference on Law and Economics
About NLU Delhi
Established in 2008, the National Law University Delhi is a premier law university of India that aims to evolve and impart comprehensive and interdisciplinary legal education. The university aims to shape its students as instruments of change who will be equipped to address the imperatives of the new millennium while upholding constitutional values. It takes pride in its effective and impact-driven research and scholarship that has brought both national and international recognition to its name.
Since inception, NLU Delhi has seen more than 800 graduates, who have excelled in diverse fields, such as academia, legal practice, administrative services and entrepreneurship. Its endeavor is to become a leading world-class institution in legal studies, pedagogy and research.
About The Indian Association Of Law and Economics Association
The Indian Association of Law and Economics Association (IALE) was formed at the International Conference on Law and Economics, on 3-4 September 2016 at IIT Kanpur. At the said conference, IALE was conceptualized by the Consortium of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar and the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad.
The Association works on socio-economic-legal and technological challenges relevant at the National and International levels through research initiatives and policy research through conferences, seminars and workshops.
Call for Papers
The field of economic analysis of law has arguably emerged as one of the influential theories of jurisprudence. The interdisciplinary subject provides relevant and deeper insights to a number of contemporary legal issues in India. Laws are instruments for achieving important social goals.
Economic analysis often takes for granted such legal institutions as property, contract, torts, and administrative which affect the economy. Positive and normative economic analysis will be used to design incentive structure law and policy. Economics renders a practical way of assessing the effectiveness of laws and policy which further assists the state in achieving the objective of economic growth and development. Hence, it is essential to acknowledge the relation law and economics share in the new world order. Keeping in view of techno-economic and legal challenges, especially offline and online markets and non-market interactions in cyber critical technologies, sustainable development, safety and security, there is a need for generation and dissemination of knowledge.
This in-person conference invites Research papers/Essays on the interdisciplinary subject of Law
and Economics, including but not limited to the following:
- Law and Economics:
(i) Public Policy
(ii) Behavioural Law and Economics
(iii) Welfare Economics
(iv) Economic analysis of Law
(v) Decision Making in reference to Risk and Insurance under ‘Uncertainty’.
- Consumer Law and Economics:
(i) Data Protection and Consumer Law.
(ii) Mandatory Disclosure and Consumer Law.
(iii) Transparency and Consumer Law related to Mortgage loans.
- Intellectual Property Law and Economics:
(i) The philosophical foundations of Intellectual Property Laws and paradigm of law and
(ii) The proprietary model of Intellectual Property and Economics.
- Corporate Law and Economics:
(i) Implications of economic changes on issues of capital such as IPOs and FPOs.
(ii)Economic analysis vis a vis enactment of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
(iii) Analysis of the impact of corporate governance reforms on economic growth.
(iv) Financial market regulation and economics.
- Competition Law and Economics:
(i) Influence of Law and Economics on Regulations and Antitrust Law
(ii) Application of Economic tools to competition law analysis
(ii) Horizontal/Vertical Agreements and Economic Analysis
(iii) Abuse of Dominance and its Economic Analysis
(iv) Mergers and Acquisitions and Applicability of Economics
- Property Law and Economics:
(i) An Economic theory of Property.
(ii) Transaction Costs and Property: An Economic Survey.
(iii) Protecting property rights, claiming damages and injunctions.
(iv) What can we own privately? The interface of Property Law and Economics.
- Tort Law and Economics:
(i) Approaching Contributory and Comparative Negligence in Law and Economics.
(ii) Economics of Joint and Several liability.
(iii) Tort Damages, Punitive Damages and non-pecuniary losses.
(iv) Tort Law and Liability Insurance.
- Criminal Law and Economics:
(i) Economics and increase in crime rate.
(ii) Economics and Adjudication under Criminal Law.
(iii) An economic theory of Crime and Punishment.
(iv) Applying Rational Crime Model to Public Policy.
- Contract Law and Economics:
(i) Bargain Theory and Contracts.
(ii) Contractual Mistake, Misrepresentation and Economics.
(iii) Gratuitous promises.
(iv) Foreseeability of Damages.
- Economics and Regulations:
(i) Economic Analysis: Effectiveness of Regulations
ii) Role of Regulators
iii) Regulatory Compliance and Cost-Benefit Analysis
iv) Regulatory Governance and its tools
- Poverty and Economics:
(i) Information Economics and Private Ownership.
(ii) Patents and Poverty: The role of economics
(iii) Migrants, Property and Poverty.
- Labour Law and Economics:
(i) Labour’s labour and Employers’ choice to employ and economic principles.
(ii) Economic implications of Labour-related Laws on Business.
(iii) Labour, Employment and Law at the workplace.
- Gender and Economics:
i) Gender Inequalities and related economic implications
ii) Gender Equality and Economic Growth
iii) Impediments and Challenges in current times
- Technology, Data, Artificial Intelligence and Economics:
i) Big Data and Economic Policy
ii) Artificial Intelligence and Economic Growth – Benefits and challenges
iii) AI’s Impact on market participants and ancillary issues
- Constitution and Economics:
i) Question of ‘Inclusion’ and Equity in Economic Development
ii) Social Justice and Fair Globalization
iii) Freedom of Trade and Human Rights
iv) New Frontier in Federalism: Fiscal policies and Tax structures
We will review the papers as per the following guidelines:
- Papers will be reviewed independently by at least two scholars through a double-blind peer review process, allotted on a random basis;
- The review will be based on scientific rigour of the paper, originality of research, and its relevance to the conference themes;
(a) Abstracts should not exceed 350 words. (word format)
(b) Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12, Line spacing 1.5 and Alignment ‘justify’.
(c) Abstract should mention the following specific details on the front page:
? Name of the Author
? Contact Number
? Email Id
? Title of the Submission
- Length of full paper: Not more than 3,500 words (excluding footnotes and title)
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12, Line spacing 1.5 and Alignment ‘justify’
- Footnotes: Font ‘Times New Roman, Font Size 10, line spacing 1.5
- Follow the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition) for footnoting.
- Policy papers will be eligible only if they cover important and contemporary issues.
- Submissions must be original and not yet published.
- Co-authorship is allowed.
- Payment of Registration fees is mandatory for all the presenters and attendees.
- For Presenters:
- For Indian Students/Research scholars: 1500 INR
- For Teachers: 3500 INR
- For Indian Industry Professionals: 5000 INR
- For Students (Foreign Nationals): 55 USD
- For Teachers & Professionals (Foreign Nationals): 100 USD
- For Attendees:
- For Indian participants: 1000 INR
- For Foreign participants: 100 USD
- The registration fee includes meals and refreshments.
- The registration fee does not include accommodation or travel (international/national and local transportation.
- If the selected presenter cannot attend the conference, 75% of the registration fee shall be refunded.
(a) Best Paper: 10,000 INR
(b) 2nd Best Paper: 5,000 INR
(c) 3rd Best Paper: 2,500 INR
- Last date of submission of Abstract: July 15, 2022
- Date of communication of Acceptance of the Abstract: July 30, 2022
- Date of Submission of Final Research Paper: September 30, 2022
- Last date of registration for the Conference: September 30, 2022
- CLICK HERE for Abstract/Paper Submission.
- CLICK HERE for Payment of the registration fee as a Presenter or Attendee.
For More details mail [email protected]
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC): Apply Now!
- Research Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Rainmaker: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawssistance, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Armitage Legal Associates, Delhi: Apply by Dec 10!
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- 16TH Pro Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition, 2023 by TNDALU: Register by Jan 1 [Prizes Worth 1 Lakh]
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
- 4th GMU ACADEMY ON ADMIRALTY LAW- 2022 [19th –24th December 2022]: Register Now!
- 4 Day Workshop on Criminal Trial by The Law Company (TLC): Register by Dec 14!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Karnail Singh & Company, Advocates & Solicitors, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual National Conference on ‘Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction’ by NLSIU: Register by 20th Nov 2022
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Healthkart: Apply Now
- Call for Papers: 15th International Seminar on ‘Right to Privacy in Digital Era-Challenges and Solutions’: Submit by Nov 20, 2022
- 1st National Human Rights Moot Court Competition, 2022 by Xavier Law School, Bhubaneswar: 16th-18th December 2022
- Call for Papers: Maharishi Journal for Law & Society, Vol. IV Issue I with ISSN: 2581- 8007 by Maharishi Law School, Noida: Submit by 25 November 2022
- Call for Papers: JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal: Submit by December 05, 2022
- Call for Papers: International Conference by South Asian University: Submit Abstract by December 12, 2022
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.