About Centre for Communication Governance at National Law University Delhi (CCG):
The Centre for Communication Governance at National Law University Delhi (CCG) is a research center within NLU Delhi and is meant to ensure that the Indian legal education establishment engages more meaningfully with communication law and policy, and offers academic contribution to communication policy making. We believe that there is a dearth of material and ability required to help law and policy stay abreast of technological advancement, which enhances citizens’ rights and diverse public discourse. Our work aims to fill these gaps.
About the Internship Opportunity
The programme of work for interns at CCG is designed to build their competence around research and policy issues related to fundamental rights, human rights and national security in the context of the internet and emerging technologies in India and in turn raise the quality of discourse in this space. Interns’ output is intended to catalyse effective research-led policy-making and consequently informed public debate as well as in-depth academic work
CCG is looking for interns to engage in the following research work:
- Policy work: Undertake research to contribute towards CCG’s policy engagements with various government institutions and ministries on key policy issues including data protection, artificial intelligence, open digital ecosystems, intermediary liability, online free speech, content regulation, national security, cybersecurity and internet governance.
- Academic research and writing: CCG regularly publishes academic writing on various subjects of information law and policy such as data privacy, online speech, platform regulation, artificial intelligence, national security, cybersecurity, and internet governance. Interns will engage in conducting academic research on such issues.
- Research projects: CCG has various ongoing research grants and projects around data protection and privacy, online speech, platform regulation, artificial intelligence, national security, cybersecurity, algorithmic accountability, misinformation and internet governance. Interns will contribute research work towards these ongoing projects.
- Blog: Develop a research idea and author a post on the CCG blog.
We want our interns to be active participants in building a collaborative, merit-led institution and a lasting community of highly motivated young researchers. All selected applicants will be expected to take substantial initiative, maintain the highest ethical standards in their work, and contribute to the institution’s growth and development. The selected applicants will be a part of cutting-edge research and will learn to work in a team, develop their research, analytical and communication skills, and be exposed to law and policy-making in the technology domain.
- The internship will be for an initial period of 6 weeks. Interns will be expected to work full-time or part time with the Centre. The period may be further extended by a minimum duration of two weeks based on their work.
- Interns are expected to work from home during their period of association with CCG.
- Work under each project will be designed by the staff at CCG and assigned to each intern on a daily or weekly basis depending on the nature of the project they are involved in.
- There will be regular discussions and feedback sessions with each intern to track the progress on their work and develop the research further.
The Centre welcomes applications for both full time and part time interns from 3rd, 4th and 5th year students enrolled in recognised five-year law programs; 2nd and 3rd year students enrolled in recognised three-year law programs and students from recognised LL.M. programs at any Indian university.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through the year. We will start evaluating the applications from February 25, 2022. Applicants are required to fill in the form attached here.
Please note that as part of the application you will have to submit
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Expression of interest (300 words)
3. One relevant academic writing sample of up to 1,000 words (essay or extract, published or unpublished)
The application requires the CV, Expression of Interest and Writing Sample to be merged into one pdf file, of not more than 10 MB in size labelled ‘Your name- CCG’ and uploaded on the form.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process, please send them to [email protected] with the subject line “CALL FOR INTERNS”.
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.