Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar, is one of the premier national law universities of India. The university offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D. Courses in law as well as many interdisciplinary areas. The University is a forerunner in the field of interdisciplinary research. The University has established various centres of excellence to carryout research, training and extension activities
The University established GNLU Centre for Disability Studies (GCDS) with an aim to work for rights of disabled people and promotion of social justice through teaching and research in the interdisciplinary areas of sociology, social work, law and policy. Through curriculum development, research projects and disability studies, the Centre aims to provide meaningful contribution in the areas of disability and human rights, disability and society, accessibility and reasonable accommodations, inclusive education, gender and disability, amongst.
About the Webinar
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has published Draft National Policy for Persons with Disabilities, 2021 and has invited comments from the public. The existing policy for Persons with Disabilities was adopted in 2006. Since then, a number of developments has taken place in disability sector like signing of UNCRPD by India, enactment of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 and adoption of National Education Policy, 2020. Therefore, the new policy has been framed by the Task Force constituted by the Committee which was constituted to review the 2006 policy and suggest a new draft National Policy.
To discuss the new draft policy, GNLU Centre for Disability Studies along with Sruti Disability Rights Centre is organising a webinar titled ‘Draft National Policy for Persons with Disabilities, 2021: Expectations, Assurances and Realities’ to discuss different aspects of the Draft Policy like Sports, Education, Rights of Women with Disabilities, Accessibility etc. for the persons with disabilities. The webinar is scheduled on Tuesday, 05 July, 2022 from 5 P.M. onwards.
Speakers for the webinar are:
1. Prof. (Dr.) S. Shanthakumar, Director, GNLU
2. Shampa Sengupta, Director, Sruti Disability Rights Centre
3. Mr. Muralidharan, Secretary, National Platform for the Rights of the Disabled, Delhi
4. Ms. Padmini Chennapragada, Ph.D, Disability Sport Researcher
5. Rahul Bajaj, Senior Fellow, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
6. Dr. A. Marisport, Head, GCDS
For Registration, Please Click Here
E-Certificate will be provided to all the registered attendees who fill the feedback form after 15 days of the Webinar.
For queries, if any, kindly write to us at [email protected]
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.