Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar, is one of the premier national law universities of India. The university offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D. Courses in law as well as many interdisciplinary areas. The University is a forerunner in the field of interdisciplinary research. The University has established various centres of excellence to carryout research, training and extension activities
About the Competition
The V.S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL), Gujarat National Law University along with the support of the generous grant from Prof. Stephan Hobe, Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany launches the 4th Prof. V.S. Mani Memorial National Essay Competition 2022.
The Essay Competition is an endeavour to commemorate the inspiring contribution of Prof. (Dr.) V.S. Mani in the field of international law, particularly air and space law.
- Submissions shall be made in the online mode only.
- Submissions shall be in English.
- Submissions need to be original. Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
- The topic once registered shall not be changed.
- Co-authorship is permitted for up to a maximum of two authors.
- A cover page with the title of the Essay, name and affiliation of the author/co-authors shall be attached.
- Any identification mark (in any form) in the essay shall lead to disqualification.
- Multiple or incomplete submissions shall not be considered.
- Word limit: 4000 – 6000 words (excluding references). Submission below or above the word limit shall not be considered.
- Citation style: OSCOLA. (4th Edition)
- Font: Times New Roman; Font size-12; Spacing- 1.5.
- Any contribution received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Submit text as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Selection will be done through a two-tier blind review. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final.
- Essays will be evaluated on the following criteria: depth of analysis, cogency of arguments, structure, the feasibility of suggestions, language and references in support.
- By way of submission, authors of the essays which are awarded prize money and certificates of merit, agree that Copyright therein shall vest in VSMCASL.
- The submission shall not be under consideration for any publication.
The essay should focus on any contemporary issue of ‘Air and Space Law’.
To encourage and provide opportunities for research to the students having a passion for Air and Space Law.
Eligibility and Registration
The competition is open to students pursuing UG/PG (Law) in India. The students shall register by filling out the online form.
All submissions are to be electronically mailed only to [email protected].
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2022.
- 1st Prize: ? 11,000/-
- 2nd Prize: ? 10,000/-
- 3rd Prize: ? 9,000/-
- 1st Consolation Prize: ? 3,000/-
- 2nd Consolation Prize: ? 2,000/-
- All the participants who successfully submit the essay before 31st August 2022 shall be eligible to receive an e-Certificate of Appreciation.
Date of the Award: During the 7th Edition of GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) 2022.
Kindly e-mail queries, if any, to [email protected]
Prof. (Dr.) Stephan Hobe
Director, Institute of Air Law,
Space Law and Cyber Law
University of Cologne, Germany
V.S. Mani Centre for Air &
Space Law (VMCASL)
Gujarat National Law
University, Gujarat, India
Dr. Divya Tyagi, Mr. Shrey Kapoor
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.