We are working for a sustainable future by generating and disseminating knowledge and by developing, supporting and mainstreaming policies, strategies, technologies and solutions that are environmentally sound and socially inclusive.
In the last 150 years, humankind has made unprecedented social and material progress. We have had unparalleled advances in health care, education, human rights and technological development that have brought great benefits to the society. Although the benefits have been inequitable, we are more literate, less poor, less violent, freer, and live longer than ever before in our history. Material benefits have accompanied social advancement. Today, democracy, the rule of law, and personal, economic and political liberties are considered universal values by most.
But this progress has come at the cost of Earth’s ecological and biophysical systems. The scale of human exploitation of natural resources is now threatening the very survival of the world.
While the odds are stacking up against us, we at iFOREST strongly believe that humanity has the ingenuity, and the social, economic and technological means to make life better for all and protect the natural world. We strive to be agents of change by initiating and promoting efforts to reduce the ecological footprint and environmental externalities of humankind. We will develop and support social and economic models that allow inclusive development, and innovate scientific and technological solutions to meet the needs of the current and future generations. We endeavour to make environmentalism an integral part of the progressive social movement.
About the Research Internship at iFOREST
The International Forum for Environment, Sustainability and Technology (iFOREST), a New
Delhi based environmental research and innovation organization, is looking for a research
intern. The research intern will support the research work on iFOREST’s project on
Assessment of legal and administrative procedures/barriers to sustainable closure of energy
infrastructure and allied assets”.
This is an immediate opening. The duration of the internship is 8-12 weeks.
Students with a Bachelor’s degree, or those pursuing/completed Master’s degree in Law are
encouraged to apply.
- The intern must have good research and analytical skills.
- She/he must be able to do thorough desk research, co-ordinate with officials and
agencies for data and information, and compile information in a systematic manner.
- The intern will work on Central and State (specifically in Jharkhand, Odisha and
Maharashtra) laws to understand the procedural hurdles faced during closure of
- The intern will focus on working on land-related laws, environmental laws, and
corporate and labour laws that have a bearing on the closure process.
- The intern will be expected to search and read relevant case-laws as required.
- The intern is expected to be prompt and regular; and will be required to attend online
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are open to students working from remote locations/
home. The work and progress will be periodically discussed and reviewed through online
This is an unpaid position. iFOREST will offer a certification of completion following the
last date of the internship.
How to Apply:
We prefer the candidate to submit an online application at iforest.global/careers. In case of
any difficulty, you may also send your application to [email protected]. Please mention
‘Research Intern- Legal’ in the subject. Application must include a Resume/CV.
- Internship Opportunity – Judicial Integrity Network in ASEAN, UNDP : Apply by 19th May
- Legal Internship at Sapphire and Sage Law Offices, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Assessment Internship at Arcum Global, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Legal Internship at Duroflex, Bengaluru: Apply Now
- Legal Internship at Yotta Infrastructure Solutions, Mumbai: Apply Now
- 3rd Edition of Project Dhananjay – Dhananjay 2022 by CAN Foundation (Financial Aid for NLU Graduates): Apply by 31st May 2022
- Legal Internship at Blockcube, Gurugram: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) under Adv. Pratiksha Roy, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Synergy Partners, Delhi: Apply by May 17!
- Paralegal (Contractual) at Vice Media, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Kapil Dixit & Co. Advocates, Bangalore: Apply by May 22!
- Legal Internship at SoOLEGAL, Delhi: Apply by May 16!
- Legal Internship at NSG Law, Chandigarh: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Axis Trustee Services Limited, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Kulfi Collective, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Civis Consultatio Fellowship 2022: Apply by May 24!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at SS Global Law Firm: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawkars Legal Solutions LLP, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chilana & Chilana Law Offices, Delhi: Apply by May 13!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.