About Charpak Masters:
Charpak is the French government scholarship programme in India. The scholarship programme is divided into 3 sub-programmes. It allows Indian students to study at undergraduate or postgraduate levels in public and private institutions in France.
a) Charpak Master: offered to Indian students admitted in a master programme in France. The scholarship is renewable once, upon request and based on the results obtained by the scholarship holder in the first year of the master’s programme.
b) Charpak Lab: open to graduate and post graduate students pursuing studies in engineering, science, management and humanities, who wish to attend an internship/research project at a French laboratory or university during their academic break (May-July)
c) Charpak Exchange: open to Indian students of all profiles, studying at the bachelor’s or master’s level, who study in France for a semester in the framework of a partnership between their Indian establishment and a French host institution. It is offered twice a year: Autumn session (September-December) and Spring session (January-April/May)
About the Scholarship
This scholarship is designed for one to two years, (September – June, 10 months per academic year) of studies in France at the Master’s degree level for all streams and fields of study.
- Monthly living allowance of 700 euros
- Tuition fee waiver upto 5000 euros
- Assistance to find affordable student accommodation (priority access to CROUS residencies, subject to availability)
- Student visa and Etudes en France fee waive
The applicant must:
- be an Indian national and reside in India
- be 30 years old maximum at the time of application
- be a student currently enrolled/have studied at an Indian Institution of higher learning or a young professional employed in a company for a maximum of 3 years at the time of application
- the course must take place in France. If you have one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period.
- an exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They may re-apply for a second year of funding in order to complete their M2. There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level and a new statement of purpose.
- non-scholarship holders currently pursuing M1 in France are not eligible for the scholarship.
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. There is no CGPA/percentage cut-off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory. A tie-up between your current Indian institution and your future French institution will also be an asset.
The students must submit their application on the online scholarship portal CLICK HERE along with the scans of following documents:
- Passport size photograph (please make sure that the photograph uploaded is formal)
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach proof of your passport application.
- Full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
- Scanned copies of mark sheets and degree of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- French language certificate, if any (DELF /DALF or from any recognized university)
- Document of employment / internship record, if applicable
- Letter (s) of recommendation from the current Indian university/employer or the institution last attended. The letter(s) of recommendation should be submitted as scanned copies of the original typed and signed paper letters. They have to include the signature and the contact details of the referee, and (if possible) should be on headed paper of the institution and bear a stamp of the institution.
Note: All the above documents must be in pdf or jpeg format (word, rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders, screenshots or scans of social media are NOT acceptable). Applications submitted without required documents, or incorrect documents, will be rejected.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration
- Opening of the call for applications: Monday, 3 January 2022
- Deadline for the reception of applications : Monday, 28 March 2022
- Publication of results: Friday, 29 April 2022
If you have questions regarding the Charpak scholarship program, please contact us by e-mail: [email protected]
Please note that no reason will be given for rejection of an application. The French Embassy is not obliged to respond to candidates whose applications are incomplete or not considered for the scholarship award.
Awardees of the scholarship are contacted via email; the results can also be seen at: CLICK HERE
official Brochure : CLICK HERE
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.