Data Security Council of India (DSCI), is a not-for-profit, industry body on data protection in India, set up by NASSCOM®, committed to making the cyberspace safe, secure and trusted by establishing best practices, standards and initiatives in cyber security and privacy. To further its objectives, DSCI engages with governments and their agencies, regulators, industry sectors, industry associations and think tanks for policy advocacy, thought leadership, capacity building and outreach activities.
To strengthen thought leadership in cyber security and privacy, DSCI develops best practices and frameworks, publishes studies, surveys and papers. It builds capacity in security, privacy and cyber forensics through training and certification program for professionals and law enforcement agencies and engages stakeholders through various outreach initiatives including events, awards, chapters, consultations and membership programs. DSCI also endeavours to increase India’s share in the global security product and services market through global trade development initiatives. These aim to strengthen the security and privacy culture in India.
About the Opportunity
DSCI’s goal is to initiate a new paradigm of evidence-based policy that is rooted in best practices in the realm of cyber security and data protection. Data Security Council of India (DSCI) engages with industry, academia, and government stakeholders to make meaningful contributions to national and international policymaking endeavours.
At DSCI we engage with a broad array of thematic areas, ranging from privacy, security, and emerging technologies. We engage with our industry stakeholders, consult and devise meaningful solutions to tech-regulatory issues.
At DSCI, we are always looking to expand the scope of the work we cover both in terms of breadth and depth. As India’s tech policy landscape is evolving rapidly, we believe we can give a new host of young leaders a unique vantage point and hands-on experience to engage in the policymaking exercise up close. To get their hands dirty and learn first-hand how policies are written, dissipated, and created.
Students who are currently in law school with an interest in public policy.
Students of MPP (Masters in Public Policy) or those having public policy background.
Technical and law graduates with an interest in public policy and regulatory issues
The duration of the internship shall be two months (60 days).
The internship shall commence on the 2nd of May and end on the 30th of June 2022. Interns are not expected to work on Saturday and Sunday.
All interns are expected to work from a remote setting and are expected to have the tools, especially electronic appliances needed to satisfactorily complete the program.
Interns shall be allowed to choose and work on specific thematic areas within the larger context of technology policy in India in consultation with their mentors. Once an area is chosen, interns are then expected to come up with a research paper, or whitepaper of publishable standards. The research exercise shall be overseen by the individual mentors allotted to each intern. During the two month period, interns are expected to
gather research and show consistent work improvement. They would also be provided the opportunity to attend workshops led by industry experts to further enhance their knowledge on the subject.
At the end of the internship, all interns are expected to deliver a research paper that is of publishable standards.
All successful papers shall be published as a compendium by DSCI, and exceptional work may be published in other peer-reviewed journals.
Interns showing exceptional skill may also be considered for a full-time position within the DSCI Public Policy team. Interns showing impressive calibre may also be given the opportunity to network with DSCI’s technology-sector members in order to secure potential placements
The interns would receive a stipend from DSCI, the exact amount of which shall be fixed in the interview process.
All applicants shall submit their CV along with a 500-word Statement of Purpose. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a secondary interview. The application deadline for the 2022 intake is the 28th of March 2022. All applications submitted past the deadline shall not be considered. All documents must be labelled and formatted accurately. Applications are to be forwarded to: [email protected]
All applications shall be assessed by the DSCI public policy team. Application status shall be communicated to the applicant 3-4 weeks after the application deadline.
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.