The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future.
Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
About the Opportunity
JALDI (Justice, Access and Lowering Delays in India) initiative at Vidhi is a multi-year mission to comprehensively study, understand, and address the problem of judicial backlog and delays in India. In the last few years, JALDI has published multiple reports based on rigorous doctrinal and empirical research. In addition to conducting legal research, the team is now working closely with interdisciplinary experts to translate its research into actionable solutions under the aegis of JALDI Innovation Lab.
The Fellow will work as an integral part of JALDI and will be required to undertake research, analysis, and drafting for both independent projects and those on which Vidhi is engaged by the governments or the judiciary to enable reforms in India’s justice delivery systems. The Fellow will also travel and coordinate with various stakeholders and experts as per the requirements of the projects.
- undergraduate degree in Law
- 1-3 years of demonstrable work experience (those with litigation experience will be preferred, and an LLM will be considered as work experience)
- good legal research and writing skills
- excellent communication skills
- comfort with data analysis and interdisciplinary work
- experience in research, policy, and advocacy.
This is a full-time position based out of Bengaluru. The Fellow will be engaged in this position for a duration of one year, extendable on mutual discussion. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) is not more than two A4 pages;
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position (not to exceed 500 words);
- A recent writing sample; and
- Names and contact details of two referees
The deadline to submit applications is March 23, 2022.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail, addressed to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bajaj Allianz, Pune: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AMRG & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply by Sep 30!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of a Sitting Judge at the Delhi High Court: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at the Law Office of Aishwarye Dubey, Mumbai: Apply by Oct 10!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Verdictum: Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Junior Lawyer at Independent Thought, Greater Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thomas George and Associates, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at WDE- World Disputes Ecosystem: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at ConsultCorp Legal Services, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at G D Bansal & Associates, Jaipur: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KZJ Partners, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Angad Haksar & Associates Law Firm, Jaipur: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Sirius Legal, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lynx Litigation Partners, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Jawa Capital Services, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Membership at CanonSphere: Apply by Sept 24!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Chamber of Advocate Manasi Bhushan, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (Legal Content Writer) with stipend at KSK Advocates: Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.