The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future.
Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
About the Opportunity
JALDI (Justice, Access and Lowering Delays in India) initiative at Vidhi is a multi-year mission to comprehensively study, understand, and address the problem of judicial backlog and delays in India. In the last few years, JALDI has published multiple reports based on rigorous doctrinal and empirical research. In addition to conducting legal research, the team is now working closely with interdisciplinary experts to translate its research into actionable solutions under the aegis of JALDI Innovation Lab.
The Fellow will work as an integral part of JALDI and will be required to undertake research, analysis, and drafting for both independent projects and those on which Vidhi is engaged by the governments or the judiciary to enable reforms in India’s justice delivery systems. The Fellow will also travel and coordinate with various stakeholders and experts as per the requirements of the projects.
- undergraduate degree in Law
- 1-3 years of demonstrable work experience (those with litigation experience will be preferred, and an LLM will be considered as work experience)
- good legal research and writing skills
- excellent communication skills
- comfort with data analysis and interdisciplinary work
- experience in research, policy, and advocacy.
This is a full-time position based out of Bengaluru. The Fellow will be engaged in this position for a duration of one year, extendable on mutual discussion. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) is not more than two A4 pages;
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position (not to exceed 500 words);
- A recent writing sample; and
- Names and contact details of two referees
The deadline to submit applications is March 23, 2022.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail, addressed to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.