Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a non-profit organisation working in India which aims to empower underprivileged children by giving them access to quality legal education. It is a pan-Indian, student-run movement to train underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates. We conduct sensitisations across India to spread awareness among underprivileged children about opportunities in pursuing law as a career, select promising students and provide training for law entrance examinations, including the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), provide financial aid and mentorship to underprivileged children once they secure admission to a leading law school. To know more about IDIA, visit the website here.
IDIA – Kerala State Chapter functions from its base in National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi with the active involvement of its students, who are in charge of the various operations. The National University of Advanced Legal Studies is a uni-disciplinary university in Kochi, India for undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate legal education. It is the only National Law University in the state of Kerala.
The Competition and Eligibility
The Kerala Chapter of IDIA is hosting an essay writing competition on Arbitration. The competition is open to students pursuing under-graduation from any recognised University in India.
Themes and Sub-Themes
Theme – Arbitration
The participants can choose sub-themes of their own or those dealing with contemporary issues in the following:
- Arbitration over Litigation
- Growth of arbitration in India
- Role of Arbitrator in Arbitration
- Transparency in Arbitration
Guidelines For Submission
- All submissions shall be uploaded on the form here.
- By submitting an article, the author undertakes that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- Length of the article must not exceed 1500 words.
- All submissions must be in English. The content should be written in Times New Roman font, with size 12 and line spacing 1.5.
- All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission. In case no hyperlink is available for any reference, the use of endnotes is recommended. All endnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- Entries not abiding by the above instructions will not be accepted.
Fee – Minimum Contribution: Rs. 150/
Payment and Registration Details
The payment can be made to the following account:
Account Holder: Aashna Dev
Phone Number: +91 95444 07235
UPI ID: [email protected] Please note that you will be required to upload the proof of payment with the Submission Form
1st Prize – Certificate of Merit + Internship with PSL Advocates and Solicitors + Book: “A Guide to Fashion Law” worth Rs. 1000
2nd Prize – Certificate of Merit + Internship with PSL Advocates and Solicitors
3rd Prize – Certificate of Merit + Internship with PSL Advocates and Solicitors
Certificate of Merit will be given to top 5 participants.
For more details or any queries, reach out to us at: [email protected] or +91 62389 76698 (Anugra).
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.