About CEERA, NLSIU
CEERA established in 1997 is a Research Centre at NLSIU, headed by Prof. Dr. Sairam Bhat, Professor of Law, NLSIU. CEERA focuses on research and policy advocacy in emerging areas of law including but not limited to Environment. Building an environmental law database, networking among stakeholders, undertaking training and capacity development exercises, providing consultancy services and building an
environmental law community are CEERA’s main objectives.
Bestowed with the support from the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change, other Ministries, international organizations, the Bar and the Bench in India, CEERA is currently engaged in multiple research and training projects that span across Environmental Law- Multilateral Environmental Agreements, Commercial Law & Arbitration, Urban Law & Governance, Water Law and allied areas, Sustainable Development, Climate Protection, Biodiversity Law, Human Rights, etc. Besides this, CEERA is engaged in research projects under the aegis of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Ministry of Law and Justice, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and Indian Council for Social Sciences Research.
About the Fellowship
The Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), National Law School of India University, (NLSIU) Bengaluru invites applications for the position of ‘Research Fellow’ from interested candidates who have completed their LL.M. (Masters in Law) (or) have graduated with a degree in law, business law or public policy, with a strong competence in legal research and writing with about 0-2 years P.Q.E.
The Candidate will be engaged in the following activities:
a. Research and academic writings, report writing, drafting of legal opinions, contracts, litigation management, carrying of empirical research, preparing deliverable under research projects, and publishing in peer-reviewed Journals and blogs (nlspub.ac.in) hosted by CEERA. etc.
b. Drafting of Research Proposals for application to various Research Grants, and working on research deliverables under various projects of CEERA
c. Organizing Training Programmes for various officers, including IFS Officers, Officers from the Public Health Department, Officers of various Pollution Control Boards, Public Procurement training under National Jal Jeevan Mission, Training for the corporate sector etc.
d. Assist in the Editorial work of two esteemed journals-Journal of Environmental Law, Policy and Development; and Journal of Law and Public Policy.
e. Remuneration: INR 35,000/- per month
f. Number of position: CEERA reserves its right to shortlist, invite and select up to Three Candidates for the vacancy.
a. Candidates should have completed their LL.M. (Masters in Law) (or) have graduated with a degree in law, business law or public policy, with strong competence in legal research and writing with about 0-2 years P.Q.E.
b. Application Procedure: Interested candidates may submit their candidature via email to [email protected] with the Subject: Application for Recruitment Research Fellow, along with their Curriculum Vitae; Name and contact details of two referees and 1 sample of prior research work
c. Last Date for Submission of Application: 11:59 P.M. June 20, 2022
d. Date of Virtual Interview for shortlisted candidates: June 23, 2022
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 30th Dec 2022
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.