NLSIU, Bangalore is organizing a Two-Day National Conference on the theme of Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction: A Legal Mandate along with Symbiosis Law School, Pune and CMR School of Legal Studies, Bengaluru.
This National Conference is being organized under the aegis of the Chair on Urban Poor and the Law instituted by a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA) and NLSIU.
Details regarding the Conference: NLSIU
Dates – December 15-16, 2022
Mode – Virtual Mode (Zoom Online)
Venue – Virtual Space
§ Last date for submission of Registration & Submission of Abstract: November 20, 2022
§ Last date to complete registration and make final payment: November 20, 2022
§ Last date for submission of videos: November 28, 2022
§ Submission of full-length Essays/Articles: December 31, 2022
§ Please fill out the Google form at the earliest, since we have limited seats. The registration link for the National Conference can be accessed HERE. Kindly reserve your seat at the earliest.
§ The ‘Bank Account Details’ are provided in page no. 8 of the brochure attached below for your perusal.
§ Registration Fees:
§ Observer Participant: INR 750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred and Fifty only)
§ Single Author: INR 750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred and Fifty only)
§ For Participating in Video Making Competition: INR 750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred and Fifty only)
§ Two/Co-Authors: INR 1,500/- (Rupees Fifteen Hundred only)
In this regard we warmly invite you to participate in this National Conference and present a paper or submit your videos on any of the following four broad themes:
1. Land, Property and Governance;
2. Health, Poverty & Social Inclusion;
3. Case Studies of Slum Development Boards;
VIDEO MAKING COMPETITION THEMES:
§ Urban poor, migration and resettlement;
§ Impact of health and mental well-being of people affected by forced eviction; or
§ On any of the indicated themes/sub-themes as given above.
Note: The maximum length of the video should be 20 minutes and minimum 15 minutes.
Registration Link: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Further, please find attached the detailed brochure of the Conference along with the poster for more information.
The sub-themes, registration link, important dates, payment modes, guidelines, etc. are broadly explained and given in the same.
This Conference is open to:
§ Representatives of Government and Regulatory Bodies.
§ Lawyers, Legal Professionals, Consultants, Practitioners.
§ Academicians, Students, Research Scholars from the disciplines of Law, Finance, Business Management, Commerce, and Public Policy.
§ Members of Research Institutes, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSO).
§ Representatives from Companies or other Institutions.
Lastly, for any further assistance or queries please feel free to contact Ms. Jaibatruka Mohanta, Research Fellow, CEERA, NLSIU (Email: [email protected]; Contact No.: +91 90825 10813).
We eagerly look forward to your active participation, involvement and paper presentation in the International Conference.
BROCHURE: CLICK HERE
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.