The India Centre for Migration (ICM) is a ‘not for profit’ society established by the Government of India in July, 2008 to serve as a think tank on all matters relating to International Migration. The Centre undertakes empirical, analytical and policy related research, implements pilot projects to document good practices and assists in capacity building of stakeholders at the sub-national level.
ICM is inviting applications for its internship programme. In the calendar year 2021 there is one internship available to apply. The internship program is available in the areas of (a) Pre-Departure Orientation & Training (PDOT) and Skills – 1 position
The internship program provides an opportunity to carry out substantive policy research including analysis and providing inputs that would be useful to the Overseas Indian Affairs (OIA) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Bachelor’s Degree with 60% marks in any subject from a recognised university.
- Preference in shortlisting will be given to candidates having higher educational qualifications and/or experience in the field of international migration and diasporas.
- Age limit: 30 years as on the last date of submission of application.
Deliverables for the identified areas of internship will be informed at the time of allocating the same to successful intern.
Duration: One year (12 months); extendable for a further period of 1 year on evaluation of work performance.
Remuneration: A consolidated amount of Rs. 30,000 per month (TDS deducted at source).
- Interns will work under the guidance of CEO, ICM or officers as nominated by the competent authority.
- Interns are expected to be full-time with ICM during the term of the internship.
- He/she will be required to submit a written report of 1000 words once in a month to CEO, ICM as per the format of ICM.
- Four months after joining the internship program, he/she will make a presentation to Committee set up by ICM which will evaluate the research study. Another presentation will be after 8 months with the final presentation at end of the internship program.
- Selected research interns will be required to also help organize & participate in conferences, lectures, seminars & other academic events organized by ICM.
- A final presentation will be made to an identified Expert Committee set up by MEA 15 days before the end of internship to review and finalize the report as per the identified deliverables.
- The interns are required to submit a final report consisting of at least 10,000 words including sources of data, key observations, analysis, findings, recommendations for MEA etc., including on specific areas of work allocated.
- The offer of internship is subject to satisfactory performance of the individual and can be terminated on a 15-days notice by ICM without specifying any reason. The interns are required to submit a similar 15-day notice period for any discontinuation.
- Interns will be entitled to a maximum of 1 leave per month during the Fellowship period with prior approval of CEO, ICM. The leave, however, shall not be encashable.
- All intellectual property arising out of the research study shall be owned by ICM. However, the interns will be permitted to use the output for intellectual pursuit, educational and teaching purposes. He/she will be permitted to publish only after prior approval of CEO, ICM.
- Commercialization of research outcomes funded by ICM shall be subject to express permission and terms agreed to by ICM.
Mode of Application
The applicants can send their updated resume and a copy of most recent publications, if any, to ICM to [email protected] Please fill up all details pertaining academic qualifications, experience, list of publications and work experience as per the format/table given in this advertisement. Applications sent otherwise shall not be considered.
Applications for the internship program will be received till 5 PM, 15 July 2021.
Please mention in the Subject Line of the e-mail the area applied for as mentioned in this ToR, otherwise the application shall be rejected.
Do not send multiple applications.
The Competent Authority reserves the right to relax the essential requirements for the selection of intern/s in exceptional cases. As such, candidates not fulfilling the essential requirements may also apply.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION FORM AND OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION
These vacancies fill up fast; Join Kanooniyat’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also check us out on Instagram and LinkedIn
Worried about how to crack the district judiciary exams? Uncertain about how to go about your preparation Wondering how to crack the exam without coaching and clear it in first attempt?
Attend this FREE ONLINE 3-Day Bootcamp by Lawsikho on How to Crack Indian Judiciary Exams from July 10-12, 6-9 PM. Click here
- Legal Internship Opportunity at the office of Advocate Abhijay Negi, Dehradun: Apply Now
- Call for Trainees for ‘TRAIN AND ENGAGE: Q7’ by Sapphire and Sage Law Offices: Apply by July 04, 2021
- Internship Opportunity at Dunzo (Public Policy Team): Apply by July 05, 2021
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Fidus Law Chambers: Applications Open
- Assessment Internship Opportunity at DigiLaw: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of Puneet Singh Bindra, Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India: Apply Now
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.