About Department of Justice
Department of Justice is a part of Ministry of Law & Justice as per the Allocation of Business Rules of Government of India. It is one of the oldest Departments of Govt. of India and was under the administrative control of the Ministry of Home Affairs. Union Home Secretary has been the Secretary of Department of Justice till 31st December 2009.
Keeping in view the increasing workload and formulating many policies and programmes for Judicial Reforms in the country, Secretary (Justice) was appointed on 1st January, 2010 in the Ministry of Law & Justice. The Organisational setup includes four Joint Secretaries, six Directors/Deputy Secretaries and seven Under Secretaries.
The functions of the Department of Justice include the appointment, resignation and removal of the Chief Justice of India, Judges of the Supreme Court of India, Chief Justices and Judges of the High Courts and their service matters. In addition, The Department implements important schemes for Infrastructure Development of Subordinate Judiciary, the E-court Project on computerization of various courts across the country, Legal Aid to Poor and Access to Justice.
About the opportunity
The need for an Internship Policy for students pursuing undergraduate courses in law from Law Schools/Universities in India who want to work with the Department of Justice (Department) and acquaint themselves with the activity of the Department has been felt for some time. The policy will provide an opportunity to interns to familiarize themselves with the activities of the Department and the policy measures undertaken by the Department to bring about judicial reforms
To provide a platform to undergraduate students pursuing Law courses from reputed institutes/National Law Schools/Universities to acquaint themselves with formulation and implementation of policies related with Judicial Reforms
The duration of the internship shall be for a minimum period of 2 (Two) months but not longer than a period of 6 months.
Area of work
The interns will be working with the Joint Secretaries/ Directors and/or any other relevant officials in the Department. The interns will be permitted only to work on areas related to judicial reforms and/or access to justice.
- Indian students from Law Universities/ colleges recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- Students should be in the 4th or 5th year, in case they are pursuing the 5-year integrated degree course or should be in their 2nd or 3rd year in case of a 3-year degree course.
- The qualification may be relaxed in deserving cases based on the need of the Department and subject to the prior approval of the Secretary (Justice).
Number of Interns
Maximum number of five Interns each shall be engaged during summer and winter Internship Programme in Department of Justice. Summer internship will be during June-July and winter internship shall be during November-December. In special cases, more than 5 interns could be taken on order of Minister (Law & Justice).
How to apply:
Applications for summer internship (June-July) shall be invited/ received in the month of May and for winter internship (November-December) shall be invited/received in the month of October.
Interested and eligible students will be required to forward their applications along with their bio-data through their Law College/Institution/University recommending the internship and the period of internship. Applications received directly shall not be entertained. The applications should accompany a ‘Statement of Purpose’ for undergoing an internship.
- Internship Opportunity at Invest India: Apply by September 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Sapphire & Sage – Law Offices: Apply by September 27!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Gaurav H Sethi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Alpha AI: Apply by Sept 30!
- Internship Opportunity at Delhi Skill & Entrepreneurship University (DSEU): Apply by September 26!
- Legal Internship Opportunity ( With Stipend) at LegalPay: Apply Now!
- Online Legal Internship Opportunity with Adv. Ashish Panday [Delhi High Court]: Applications Open
- Research Intern at D91 Labs (an Initiative by Setu) with Stipend: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Intellect Juris Law Offices, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Dastawezz, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Credgenics, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Rujuta Phadke Intellectual Property, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at Rera Advisor Juris Unitas LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Think360.ai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Singapore International Arbitration Centre: Apply by October 31!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Sidhu & Singh Law Offices, Ludhiana: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at slotly.io, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Upscale Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Intern cum Associate at RSLO & Advocates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at Kontract Genie, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at CFOCORP, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Juris & Juris, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at A&A Lawcorp LLP, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at Ochre India, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AMRG & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Perroayuda Welfare Foundation: Apply Now!
- Legal Content Writer (Paid) Opportunity at Mirza & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.