ABOUT PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH
One of the oldest universities in India, Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 138 years of its service to the nation are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has ranked 2nd in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) amongst Indian Universities declared by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India in 2020. It has ranked 4th amongst Indian institutes/ universities by International Ranking Agency, the Times Higher Education (WUR) in 2019- 2020. It has won the prestigious Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy for best all-round performance in sports among Indian Universities for continuous two years in succession 2018-19 and 2019-2020. The University campus is spread over an area of 550 acres (2.2 km2) in sectors 14 and 25 of the city of Chandigarh. University has 78 teaching and research departments and 15 Centres/Chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counselling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counselling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are regular features of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in coordination with practising lawyers.
The University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh is organizing a Poster making competition on the occasion of International Peace Day under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh and Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL PEACE DAY
In 1981, the United Nations General Assembly declared the third Tuesday of September as International Day of Peace. This day coincided with the outlet day of the annual sessions of the General Assembly. The purpose of the day was and nevertheless remains, to reinforce the beliefs of peace round the world.
Two decades after establishing this day of observance, in 2001, the assembly moved the date to be observed annually on September 21. So, beginning in 2002, September 21 marks not only a time to discuss how to promote and maintain peace among all peoples but also a 24-hour period of global ceasefire and non-violence for groups in active combat.
Peace is possible.. Since the established order of the United Nations and the advent of the Charter of the United Nations, governments are obligated now not to use force towards others until they’re performing in self-defence or were legal via the UN Security Council to continue.
Life is better in a global wherein peace exists and, these days, we look to those who’ve been peacemakers and peacekeepers to make the world a greater non-violent vicinity.
UILS this year is celebrating International Peace Day by organizing a poster making competition. Come and participate in the competition.
· The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
· The competition is also open to the school students.
· No restriction on the number of entries from one university/college/institute/school.
THEME FOR COMPETITION
Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World
NOTE: One is free to choose any topic besides the above-given theme on the condition that it is relevant to International Peace day and it should fulfil the objective of Peace day.
REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION
• No registration is required.
• One is required to register and submit one’s poster at the same time in the same google registration form by the following link: Click here
- Participants can register their enteries upto 30th September,2021 by clicking the above link.
- There’s no Registration Fee for the Competition.
· Each participant can submit one poster.
· A valid identity proof of College/ University must be attached with an entry.
· Participants can send their entries via Google form upto 30th September, 2021.
· It can be handmade or digital poster.
· The poster must be made on the A3/A4 size sheet with margins drawn with black ink if handmade.
· Photographs, 3D objects, print-outs won’t be acceptable.
· The theme should be the main focus of the poster.
· Name and class of study of the participant along with College/ University name must be clearly mentioned on the sheet.
*Note: No kind of Plagiarism would be tolerated and the same would lead to the disqualification of the POSTER.
• 1ST Prize:Rs. 1200plus Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
• 2ND Prize: Rs.1000plus Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
• Certificate of Recognition (E-Certificate) to Top 5 Winners
• Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate) to All
Prakhar Sharma: 9813755975 Vaibhav Goyal: 9781520216
In case of any Registration and Certificate query, feel free to contact the below-mentioned coordinators :
Lovedeep: 7888921759 Wattan:9991958770
Sanmeet: 9877558973 Kulnoordeep: 6239498022
Gurpreet Rana: 8968050243
LawSikho is organising a 3-day free Bootcamp on How to make a career in Mergers, Acquisition and Investment Law from 11th to 13th September between 6-9 pm IST.
You will get a step-by-step guide to become an M&A lawyer and learn about crucial skills like how to do due diligence for corporate transactions, how to draft a Shareholders Agreement and many more.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3h6jWjb
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
- SHORT TERM AWARENESS COURSE ON CYBER CRIMES by World Cyber Security Forum; Register by15th September
- Call For Blogs –Vidhi Mitra Blog by Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur: Submit by 25 September
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue : Register by September 30, 2021
- Call for Blogs – UPES Student Law Review Blog by UPES, Dehradun (Rolling Submissions)
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- The Social Network – Article Writing Competition | Indian Diplomacy Summit (IDS) X Teach For India Collaboration | Register by September 6, 2021
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.