About State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission
The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 (In short,‘The Act’) is benevolent social legislation that lays down the rights of the consumers and provides for promotion and protection of the rights of the consumers. The first and the only Act of its kind in India, it has enabled ordinary consumers to secure less expensive and often speedy redressal of their grievances. By spelling out the rights and remedies of the consumers in a market so far dominated by organized manufacturers and traders of goods and providers of various types of services, the Act makes the dictum, caveat emptor (‘Buyer Beware’) a thing of the past.
The Act mandates establishment of Consumer Protection Councils at the Centre as well as in each State and District, with a view to promoting consumer awareness. The Central Council is headed by Minister In-charge of the Department of Consumer Affairs in the Central Government and the State Councils by the Minister In-charge of the Consumer Affairs in the State Governments. It
also provides for a 3-tier structure of the National and State Commissions and District Commissions for speedy resolution of consumer disputes.
To provide inexpensive, speedy and summary redressal of consumer disputes, quasi-judicial bodies have been set up in each District and State and at the National level, called the District Commissions, the State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commissions and the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission respectively. At present, there are 629 District Commissions and 35 State Commissions with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) at the apex. NCDRC has its office at Upbhokta Naya Bhawan, ‘F’ Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi-110 023.
About the Internship Opportunity
This internship will provide an opportunity to learn substantive as well as procedural aspects of Consumer protection law. Interns are expected to be diligent and have good research skills.
Number of Openings
6 ( beginning from 25.10.2021)
Place of Internship
ITO, New Delhi, India (Offline)
Minimum 4 weeks
How to Apply
Apply at: [email protected]
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KPS Advocates, Gurugram: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity under Adv. Dr Shrikant Malegaonkar, Malegaonkar & Associates, Pune: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Lawpretation Legal, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 25!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Law Office of Adv. Sandeep Mishra, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Law Office of Adv. Anchit Jain, Shivpuri, MP: Apply by Oct 17!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at LK&BG Advocates & Solicitors, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Centre for Trade And Investment Law (CTIL): Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Content Writer at CloudLegis: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KZJ Partners, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Indirect Taxes Internship Scheme, 2021 (with Stipend) by Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs, Ministry of Finance: Apply by Oct 21!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at EBC Publishing Pvt. Ltd, Lucknow: Apply by Oct 15!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Kamti and Singh Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 15!
- Legal Research Editors Required at Corp Comm Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Quasar Legal: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv Akaant K M: Apply by Oct 14!
- Online Short Term Internship Programme (with Stipend) November 2021 by National Human Rights Commission (NHRC): Apply by Oct 19!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.