About National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India was established on 12 October, 1993. The statute under which it is established is the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993 as amended by the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Act, 2006.
It is in conformity with the Paris Principles, adopted at the first international workshop on national institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights held in Paris in October 1991, and endorsed by the General Assembly of the United Nations by its Regulations 48/134 of 20 December, 1993.
The NHRC is an embodiment of India’s concern for the promotion and protection of human rights.
Section 2(1)(d) of the PHRA defines Human Rights as the rights relating to life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
About the Internship
The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. With a view to spread awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting Internship Programmes’ since 1998.
For the Month of November 2021 the “Online Short Term Internship Programme November 2021 (OSTI- NOV 2021)” will commence from 1 st November 2021 (Monday) to 15th November 2021 (Monday) (15 days). Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country.
Eligibility and selection criteria will be as follows:-
(i) Students studying in 3rd year and onwards of any integrated 5 years PG
(ii) Students studying in 3rd / final year of graduation course
(iii) Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate degree course
(iv) Students of any semester/ year of any post-graduate diploma course
(v) Students who are research scholars in any stream.
Students must have consistently attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII and all subsequent courses including the presently pursued courses. The calculated percentage has to be mentioned clearly from their CGPA/SGPA along with the formula for percentage obtained. Failure to do either of it so would result in the rejection of the application form.
Co-curricular activities, internships, moot court participation, successful research projects undertaken, work/projects with NGOs are the few illustrated criteria for enhancing the chances of selection.
A 250 words write-up on the topic “Statement of Purpose for joining NHRC Online Short Term Internship” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with the application form online which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (to be indicated in the write-up).
Enclose Self-attested scanned copies of mark-sheet from 12th Standard onwards and mark-sheet of each year/semester of presently pursuing course (and recommendation by concerned HOD/Dean/Principal of present course only).
In absence of the following, the applications are liable to be rejected.
i. Scanned Self attested mark-sheets from 12th Standard onwards
ii. Scanned Statement of Purposes (SOPs) and
iii. Scanned Recommendation letter/email by HOD/Dean/Principal concerned in the
Students who have attended earlier Internship Programmes organized by NHRC will not be eligible to apply.
About 50 sessions on various human rights issues are proposed to be covered to
sensitize the interns. The Online SIP 2021 will include following inputs:
– Address/Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson and Members of NHRC and other domain Experts
– Project work on Human Right issues.
– Book Review to be submitted by the students
– Films on Human Rights & Discussion – Child Labour issues, Anti Trafficking, Health including mental health and Education issues and discussions.
– Virtual Field Visit
– virtual visit to Jail
– Virtual field visit to Police Station
– Virtual field visit to NGO
The students get to see the working of these institutions and may get their related questions addressed
All the student interns successfully completing the internship would receive a stipend of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only)
-Certificate of participation will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of the following parameters:
Attendance, Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in online sessions is mandatory; Project Presentation & Project Reports and Book reviews have to be submitted timely.
How to Apply:
The last date for submission of the application is 19th October 2021 (11:59 PM).
The ‘Application Form’ for Short Term Internship Programme- November 2021 is available at the link ‘Online Short Term Internship’.
Application is to be submitted Online using link – Online Short Term Internship available at NHRC’s website
Incomplete applications/applications without self attested copies of mark-sheets, Letter of recommendation & SOPs etc. will be rejected and Applications sent through e-mails/posts will not be entertained. No
application will be accepted after the deadline i.e. 19th October, 2021 (11:59pm).
The Final List of Selected Interns will be displayed on NHRC website
For any details, you may please contact at Ph: 011–24663283, 24663371 (between 10.00 am to 6.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Kaavya Silambanan Associates, Chennai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KPS Advocates, Gurugram: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity under Adv. Dr Shrikant Malegaonkar, Malegaonkar & Associates, Pune: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Lawpretation Legal, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 25!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Law Office of Adv. Sandeep Mishra, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Law Office of Adv. Anchit Jain, Shivpuri, MP: Apply by Oct 17!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at LK&BG Advocates & Solicitors, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Centre for Trade And Investment Law (CTIL): Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Content Writer at CloudLegis: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KZJ Partners, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Indirect Taxes Internship Scheme, 2021 (with Stipend) by Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs, Ministry of Finance: Apply by Oct 21!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at EBC Publishing Pvt. Ltd, Lucknow: Apply by Oct 15!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Kamti and Singh Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 15!
- Legal Research Editors Required at Corp Comm Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Quasar Legal: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv Akaant K M: Apply by Oct 14!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.