About The Bastion
The Bastion is an award-winning digital magazine reporting on India’s development journey. Our journalism, hinged on deep research and analysis, covers five developmental beats: Education, Environment, Healthcare, Technology, and Sports. To read more about their vision for development journalism, head to their About Us page.
About the Editorial Fellowship
The first of its kind, The Bastion presents an eight-month editing fellowship for women between the months of February and September 2022. Fellows will work with our range of writers from across the development sector to convert their knowledge into accessible and compelling digital journalism. Alongside Chirag Chinnappa, our Chief Editor, you will be trained to plan month-on-month editorial output and edit six stories per month on development in India, in depth. By and large, the work involves:
- Commissioning stories by identifying potential topics in the news cycle to commission long-form stories relevant to the five sectors of development we cover: Education, Environment, Healthcare, Technology, and Sports.
- Producing stories end to end by working with writers right from the initial pitch, to editing their stories, and publishing them.
- Learn the ropes of development journalism for a digital audience, work with a diverse network of professionals involved in solving India’s developmental challenges and have fortnightly calls with curated experts from the field.
This is a full-time position, with a monthly stipend of Rs. 20,000.
What’s In It For You
If you’ve ever wanted to change the way development and public policy has been reported about in India, or been interested in learning what it takes to news stories from start to finish, we strongly invite you to apply. Along with the monthly stipend, here’s what you can expect to take away:
- Fundamental Editing Skills for Development Journalism: Beyond copy-edits, editing at The Bastion involves understanding your writer’s intent and standpoint vis-a-vis their story, helping them develop a rigorous structure and research method that meets ethical standards, and an understanding of the subject matter, besides the basic requirement of fact-checking and copywriting abilities. The fellowship provides the space to hone these skills.
- Editorial Management: Editorial work entails juggling copy, research, and marketing responsibilities along with remote writers. These multiple roles will develop fellows’ ability to manage human resources and journalistic production. Our internal meetings will push you to explore solutions to produce and scale digital development journalism.
- Networks: You’ll also have access to our network of partners and mentors with deep roots in the social, academic, and media sectors through bi-monthly meetings with experts of your choice. We also facilitate subsidised access to workshops, courses, and panels of interest to you, should you wish to attend. We expect and encourage you to build your own networks too.
- Post-fellowship Perks: We issue detailed LORs for all our fellows, be it post the fellowship, or for university or professional applications down the line. This opportunity also opens up our networks to the fellows, and we work with them to help secure future opportunities in domains of their choosing.
- We’re a fun, young, and enterprising team to work with. We promise to leave you with happy memories and valuable takeaways for digital media and development in India.
The Editorial Fellowship is only open to women candidates born after 01 January 1992. Individuals from marginalised communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Click here to apply
The Bastion’s website: Click here
Email: [email protected]
Instagram: Click here
These vacancies fill up fast; Join Kanooniyat’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also, check us out on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
- Legal Internship at Swikar Law, Lucknow: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at CredEnd, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship (with Stipend) at GL Pareek Chambers of Law: Apply by Dec 24!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at AGISS Research Institute: Apply by Dec 31!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.