About the Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice
The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice (SACJ) at the National University of Juridical Sciences is a premier academic society working in the field of Criminal Law and its allied disciplines.
Since its inception in the year 2005, the Society has focused on fostering a conducive environment to promote discourse in the field of Criminal Law. This discourse is aimed to be promoted through talks, lectures and panel discussions by dignitaries related to this field, as well as by organising various academic competitions and focusing upon academic writing.
About the Blog
The SACJ runs a blog that contains notes, articles, news updates and case briefs on contemporary issues in the fields of Criminal Law, Criminal Justice and allied themes. The blog is comprehensive and is updated regularly. The blog can be accessed here.
Call for Blogs
The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice (SACJ) at the National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata, is now accepting submissions for its blog. The submissions can be centred around any theme relating to Criminal Law, Criminal Justice and its allied avenues and can cover both domestic or international perspectives. However, the piece submitted should not be a mere reiteration of the existing literature or framework, and the author(s) should try to be novel in their ideas.
Co-authorship is allowed for up to 2 authors.
The work submitted must be original, unpublished and not under review on any other platform. Any form of plagiarism will result in an automatic disqualification. Before submitting any piece, it is requested to refer to our ‘Conditions for Publication’ dealing with our submission policies regarding plagiarism, copyright infringement and ownership provided on the website which can be found here.
There is no publication fee for the approved works.
How to Submit?
All the submissions must be mailed to [email protected] and must be in word format (‘.doc’s or ‘.docx’).
Guidelines for Publication
- The word limit of the blogs submitted shall ideally be within 2000 words (excluding footnotes). However, we shall be flexible with the word limit if the submission quality is up to the mark.
- Case Comments must ordinarily range between 1500 – 3000 words.
- Essays can be submitted on specific themes related to contemporary issues. The word limit shall be restricted to 6000 words
- Articles can range anywhere between 3000 – 6000 words.
For more details regarding formatting and submissions guidelines, please visit this page.
Timeline for Review
The authors will get feedback maximum within 10-15 days post the submission of their piece. The author(s) can request for an expedited review if they feel the topic is of pertinent contemporary importance and might lose its relevance if the review is delayed. The editorial board might accept/reject such requests of expedited review depending upon the feasibility.
In case of any other queries, you can reach out to us at [email protected].
- National Workshop on Intellectual Property Management by Alliance School of Law, Alliance University: Register by Dec 9!
- Call for Papers| GNLU Journal of Law and Technology: Submit Now!
- Sri Damodaram Sanjivayya Centenary International Moot Court Competition [11-13 Feb 22]: Register by Dec 25!
- 8th Edition of Arb Excel (National Essay Writing Competition on the subject of Arbitration) by Kachwaha & Partners (Prizes worth 1 Lakh to be won): Submit by Jan 31!
- Call For Papers | Journal Of Global Research And Analysis (JGRA) (ISSN: 2278-6775) by Geeta Institute Of Law, Panipat: Submit Now!
- International Webinar on- “What Lawyers Can Take Away From Law And Economics?” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Dec 10!
- 9th NLUO Bose & Mitra & Co. International Maritime Arbitration Moot 2022[24th-27th March 2022]: Registration Open!
- International Webinar on “Law, Institutional Decision Making And Social Choice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Dec 08!
- Call for Research Assistant, DPIIT IPR Chair, GNLU: Apply by Dec 11!
- Webinar on “Rights of auction purchaser under IBC and DRT” by The Dialogue Box: Dec 10
- Creative Writing Competition | Creative writing by EduMound: Submit by Dec 20
- Call For Papers | Lloydians – International Student Review Journal of Lloyd Law College |: Submit by Dec 15!
- National Quiz Competition on Human Rights by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register Now!
- Call for Blogs | Blog Series on “Right to Privacy and the Legality of Surveillance” by Centre for Internet and Society (CIS), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 15
- Call for Papers | Volume 2 Issue 2: International Journal of Advanced Legal Research (IJALR) [ISSN: 2582-7340]: Submit by Dec 31
- National Conference on”Reshaping the World through Sustainability: Emerging Trends Impacting Development’’ by Ideal Institute of Management and Technology: Submit by Dec 05!
- Online Consultation on the Mediation Bill, 2021 (FREE Webinar) by Bombay Chamber of Commerce: Dec 04!
- Expert Class on Objectivism and Digital Currencies with Dr Raymond C. Niles by South Asia Students For Liberty: Register Now!
- International Virtual Law Fest Lex Bonanza 2021 By Indore Institute Of Law – 17TH TO 19TH December 2021: Register by Dec 10
- 1st Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Constituent Assembly Debate Competition by LedX (Prizes worth 1 Lakh to be won): Register by Dec 6!
- National Seminar On ‘Contemporary Issues In Intellectual Property Rights: A Multi-Disciplinary Perspective’ By Centre For IPR (CIPR), UPES Dehradun: Dec 03
- DIPLOtics 1st International Model United Nations: [4th-6th February 2022]
- Lecture Series On ‘Law And Society’: Lecture 1by Jamia Hamdard: Dec 02!
- International Webinar on “Cryptocurrency-Its Legal Status and Future Challenges In India” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Dec 03!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.