CAN Foundation is elated to announce the 3rd Edition of Project Dhananjay – Dhananjay 2022. Project Dhananjay seeks to assist financially disadvantaged yet meritorious students from NLUs across the country who wish to serve the society by undertaking a career in Litigation. This is done through a Scholarly Stipend paid monthly to the Selected Candidates.
The candidates are selected through a Two-Tiered Scrutiny and Selection Process, comprehensively done by Learned Members of the Bench and Leading Members of the Bar.
The eligibility requirements under the Project are as follows:
- Applicant must have graduated with a B.A. LL.B. degree (or any other similar 5-year integrated law undergraduate program) from any National Law University in the academic year 2020-21 or any year thereafter. The Candidates graduating in June or July 2022, are also eligible to apply under the Project.
- If the candidate is already working with an advocate/ joined the chambers of an advocate, then he/she should not be earning more than Rs. 30K per month as remuneration from the place of employment.
- The Applicant must have secured not less than 65% marks (Average of the marks obtained in the last 4 semesters/last 6 trimesters) in the last 2 years of their 5-year Law Course.
- The Applicant must not have appeared in more than 4 repeat/improvement examinations (in aggregate) in the subjects in the last 2 years of the 5 Year Law Program.
- The Applicant must have maintained an attendance record of at least 75% of the total working days in the last 2 years of their 5-year law course. Provided that if the University did not record attendance in years affected due to COVID, then the Foundation holds the discretion to waive this requirement.
- The annual cumulative family income (of Father, Mother, Unmarried Brother/Sister in the last 3 financial years) on the date of application must be equal to or less than Rs. 15 lakhs per annum, including the latest/last financial year as per the Income Tax Return filed with the IT Department.
- In addition to this, there are several documents required to be attached while submitting the Application. The complete set of documents may be referred to from the application form. For ease of the applicants, an indicative list of documents includes:
- Copies of Income Tax Returns of Father, Mother and Brother/Sister (if unmarried) of last 3 financial years.
- PAN & Aadhar Card of Father, Mother and Brother/Sister (if unmarried).
- Details of landholdings, house, flat, etc. in the name of Father, Mother, the candidate or the candidate’s brother/sister (if unmarried).
- Details about the financial support that the applicant is receiving in the form of scholarships from the State/Central Government or any NGO.
- Certified copies of Marksheets from the Examination Department of the concerned University and attendance record of semester/trimester of last two years of B.A.LL.B. Course.
- Copy of CV.
- A 1000-1500 words write-up (either in English or Hindi) explaining the necessity, importance, and relevance of Project Dhananjay to the Candidate. The write-up may include the reasons for opting for Litigation as a career and how that fits in with their long-term life goals. It may also include prior experience in the field and achievements (if any), along with their commitment to the profession.
The Final date of submitting the application is 5 PM IST 31/05/2022.In case of any queries please reach out to [email protected] or please contact any of the student members whose details are provided in the Application Form.
SCRUTINY OF THE APPLICATIONS
The Foundation shall adopt a two-stage process to scrutinise the applications received. For the same, two committees will be constituted, i.e., the Tier One Scrutiny Committee and the High Powered Selection Committee. The preliminary examination & screening of the applications will be done by the Scrutiny Committee, wherein it will examine the documents of the candidates as to whether they comply with the eligibility requirements. This list will be then forwarded to the High Powered Selection Committee for final approval.
For queries related to Dhananjay, please reach out to [email protected].
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) under Adv. Pratiksha Roy, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Synergy Partners, Delhi: Apply by May 17!
- Paralegal (Contractual) at Vice Media, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Kapil Dixit & Co. Advocates, Bangalore: Apply by May 22!
- Legal Internship at SoOLEGAL, Delhi: Apply by May 16!
- Legal Internship at NSG Law, Chandigarh: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Axis Trustee Services Limited, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Kulfi Collective, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Civis Consultatio Fellowship 2022: Apply by May 24!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at SS Global Law Firm: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawkars Legal Solutions LLP, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chilana & Chilana Law Offices, Delhi: Apply by May 13!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at LegalPay, Gurgaon: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv. Anuj Tiwari, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at ALG India Law Offices LLP: Apply Now!
- Hybrid Legal Internship Opportunity at Trayambak, Noida: Apply by May 13!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at AP Law Chambers: Apply by May 13!
- DSLSA Summer Internship Program 2022: Apply by May 15!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Affinidi, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.