Kerala Law Academy is organizing its 3rd National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2022 scheduled to be held from October 13th to 15th, 2022.
About KLA (Kerala Law Academy)
The Kerala Law Academy (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre of excellence for legal studies, research, and law reforms. KLA’s acclaimed peer-reviewed/refereed research journal“Academy Law Review” has been published continuously since 1977.
About the Trial Advocacy Competition
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the prestigious Trial Advocacy Forum, hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held via virtual mode from 13th to 15th of October 2022 at the Kerala Law Academy Law College Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The competition is conducted through the online platform ZOOM. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and times. This is a mandatory requirement for participation.
Click here for the Trial Advocacy Problem.
Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram will be hosting the 3rd National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2022 on Criminal Law in accordance with the Criminal Trial Court proceedings. The Competition has been conceived with the aim of creating awareness for Criminal Law Jurisprudence and providing a platform for the development of advocacy and other allied skills. The 3rd National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2022 will be held at KLA, Thiruvananthapuram from October 13th to 15th 2022. The Rounds will be judged by a 3 Judge Panel. The judge’s panel includes Professors, Lawyers, Scholars and Judges of various Courts. The purpose of The Kerala Law Academy Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2022 is to:
- Help and understand students the dimensions of the Criminal Justice System and encourage students to consider careers in the Criminal Justice System.
- To understand how a trial is to be conducted.
- To give an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the Criminal Law System.
- The Competition is open to all Law Colleges/Law Schools/Universities, Departments of Law in India recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- The participation is limited to LL. B students both in the Three- Year Scheme and Five-Year Scheme.
- Each team shall consist of a maximum of 3 members.
- The composition shall be of two speakers, one researcher.
- The team shall notify such an arrangement during the time of registration.
- Any changes shall be informed to the organizers, on or before 10th October 2022.
- Such a team shall not during any stage of the competition rearrange the position of its members to form any new combination.
- No coach/assistant/person shall be permitted in the room during the conduct of the trial other than the participants.
All communication and procedure during and of the competition shall be in English. Any kind of communication in any other language will lead to immediate disqualification.
How to Register?
- Only one team per College/Institution shall be permitted to take part in the Competition.
- Provisional Registration – Institutions/Teams interested in participating in the Competition can provisionally register by sending an e-mail to [email protected] along with an authorization letter/ email from the corresponding college.
- Direct Registration – The – Institutions/Teams intending to participate in the Competition must register on or before 20th September 2022, Tuesday (20.09.2022) by submitting the duly filled Proforma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website; https://keralalawacademy.in/3rdnational-trial-advocacy-competition/
- The participants shall pay a non-refundable initial registration fee of 800/- rupees through the college website to enter the competition.
- The teams which are selected after clearing the procedural test shall pay an additional amount of Rs 2,000/- on qualifying for the main competition through the link which will be sent to you after selection.
- After completing the payment, a copy of the transaction (either a screenshot or a photo) shall be sent to the email ID – [email protected] with your details.
- Only after acknowledgement from the organizers, the registration will be completed.
- The Organizers will not take any responsibility for any fault of payment arising from the bank or third-party applications.
For any queries, please write to [email protected]or contact any of the following:
1. Adv. Renjini Ponnan Sheela – 7994708480
2. Adv. Sakthiprabha – 9495897855
3. Adv. Reshma Soman N. – 9447250166
4. Adv. Vidya V.V – 7907838598
1. Lakshmi V. S. – 9605530081
2. Anjitha Unnithan -9188860384
3. Gowri A. H.- 9400574520
4. Gautham Viswam- 8891001101
- Arya M. A.
- Lekshmi Ramesh
- Roshan M.
- Gautham S. R.
- Neeraj S.
- Gouri Jyothish
- Parvathy R. S.
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- 18th National Moot Court Competition KSHAN 2023 by Raisoni Law College: Register by Jan 15!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 5th Shri. Hashuji Advani Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2022-23 by VES College of Law: Register by Dec 25!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- 7th National Moot on Constitutional Law by Law College Dehradun [Feb 24-26; Prizes Worth Rs. 1 L]: Register Now!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Moot Court Competition by DNLU in association with NHRC [Feb 10-12, 2023; Prizes worth Rs.1.3 lakhs]: Register by Dec 18!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- 5th Surana & Surana and UILS National Moot Court Competition: Register by Dec 30!