ABOUT THE GNLU AIR AND SPACE LAW ACADEMY- GASLA
States are exhibiting an increasingly keen interest in augmenting investments in developing their capabilities and competencies in the realm of both air and space activities. Non-State actors, including private investors are no exceptions to this emerging trend. It is becoming evident that a nation’s supremacy in air and space will define international relations in the years to come. Recognizing this potential, the Centre organizes GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) as a platform for engaging in discourse on contemporary legal issues in the field of air and space.
About the Event
The first edition of GASLA was successfully conducted by GNLU in 2016, in collaboration with the Institute of Air and Space Law, the University of Cologne and the Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS). Encouraged by the overwhelming success of the five editions, the V. S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL) is pleased to present before you the 7th Edition of GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) 2022. The 7th Edition is scheduled to be organised from 26th – 30th September 2022.
– Latest issues in space law including but not limited to space tourism, space debris, commercial space mining, environmental harm, space exploration, international liability for incidents in space
– National space policies
– Current challenges relating to territorial sovereignty and its extension in air and space
– Aviation-related crimes and Aerial Terrorism
– Air Accidents and Incident Investigation
– Regime Governing Military and Civil Airports
– Case laws relating to International Air Law
TENTATIVE RESOURCE PERSONS
- Dr. Akhil Prasad Director, Country Counsel India & Company Secretary, Boeing
- Mr. Ashok G.V, Partner, Factum Law
- Dr. George Moses, Director (Legal), Airports Economic Regulatory Authority (AERA)
- Prof. (Dr.) G.S. Sachdeva, Adjunct Professor, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Ms. Hoysala Grandhi, Specialist Legal, GMR Airports
- Dr. Kumar Abhijeet, Legal Officer, Ministry of External Affairs (Confirmation awaited)
- Mr. Nitin Sarin, Managing Partner, Sarin & Co.
- Dr. Paul Fitzgerald, Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Law, Institute of Air and Space Law, McGill
- Prof. (Dr.) Sandeepa Bhat, Professor of Law, West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- Prof. (Dr.) Stephan Hobe, Director, Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany
- Dr. V. Gopalakrishnan, Former Policy Analyst, Indian Space Research Organisation
- Prof. (Dr.) V. Balakista Reddy, Vice Chancellor (I/C), NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Prof. (Dr.) Wian Erlank, Professor of Law, North-West University
- Legislative and Regulatory Authorities;
- Armed Forces;
- Professionals from Aviation and Space Industry;
- International Organizations;
- Institutions focused on Private and Public Capacity building;
- Faculty Members;
- Researchers and Students
- Professionals/Practitioners interested in the theme of the academy
REGISTRATION AND ACCOMMODATION
|Students||Academicians/ Professionals/ Others|
|*All prices are excluding GST. 18% GST will be added while making the payment|
Participation fee includes registration, lodging and boarding, tuition fee, study material, educational visit, and access to online legal databases.
Special subsidy in the participation fees (as mentioned herein above) may be provided upon prior request. Participants are requested to contact Organizing Committee.
Accommodation will be provided in the University Guest House on a first come first serve basis to a limited number of participants with prior registration. Kindly visit the following link for further details about the accommodation:
1. Last Date for Registration and Payment of Fees – Monday, 19th September 2022.
2. Commencement of Course – Monday, 26th September 2022.
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.