The Centre for Competition Law and Policy (“CCLP”) is pleased to invite submissions for the Competition Law Observer Blog (“Blog”). It welcomes all kinds of submissions, including (but not limited to) articles, research pieces, opinions, case comments, and short notes on competition law.
About NLU Jodhpur
National Law University Jodhpur (NLUJ) is one of the foremost law schools in India. Since its establishment in 1999, it has endeavored to produce exceptional lawyers and legal scholars and has aimed at pushing and challenging the existing boundaries of knowledge. Based on MHRD – NIRF rankings 2020, NLUJ was ranked 5th among the best law universities of the country. The University was recently selected by the Competition Commission of India into a panel of reputed institutions, to carry out competition assessment of the economic legislations, bills, and policies.
CCLP was established as an initiative to promote interdisciplinary research in the field of competition law and policy making. As part of this initiative, CCLP publishes its flagship journal, the Indian Competition Law Review (“ICLR”). ICLR serves as a platform for understanding existing trends as well as setting out new ideas.
About Competition Law Observer
In furtherance of its objective to promote discussion and deliberation on various facets of competition law and address the contemporary issues, CCLP had started the Competition Law Observer Blog which, over the years, hosted submissions only from the members of CCLP. It is now thrilled to invite submissions from scholars, practitioners, authors, and students with the object of furthering discussion on competition law
The Blog can be accessed at http://blog.iclr.in/.
Submissions must be in a Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’). All submissions are to be sent via email to [email protected]. The subject of the email should be titled – “Submission for Blogs_Name of the Author(s)”. While submitting to the Blog, the author(s) are required to submit an undertaking that:
- They warrant that the manuscript is their original work, and has not been simultaneously been submitted to any other platform for consideration;
- They consent to the publication of the submitted piece on the Blog provided that they are fully acknowledged as the author(s).
Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation, or any other detail of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
There is no deadline for submission of Blog posts. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis.
All works must be original and unpublished. The plagiarism limit is 15%.
The word limit for the submission is 1000- 1500 words. This word limit is exclusive of the endnotes (if any). Longer posts may be accepted should the topic require an extensive discussion, and, if required, they may be published in parts, subject to the discretion of the editors.
Authors are encouraged to use headings to break up long posts. Headings should not be of more than one level and should be in bold.
Font and spacing
The title of the post must be formatted to Times New Roman font size 14, all Caps, and in bold. The main body of the text must be formatted to Times New Roman font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing with a single line space between paragraphs; and the end notes must be formatted to Times New Roman font size 10 with single line spacing.
All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission. In case no hyperlink is available for any reference, use of endnotes is recommended. The endnotes must be in conformity with the 4th edition of the Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) style of citation. The author(s) are advised to give specific details, such as the Page or the Paragraph number of the reference, either in the body of the text itself or in the endnotes. No speaking endnotes or footnotes are allowed.
All texts will go through a double-blind peer review. The review process consists of two tiers – preliminary review and detailed review.
At the end of the preliminary review, the authors will be informed of the Editorial Board’s decision of whether the submission is accepted or rejected for publication. This preliminary review is done within 7-8 working days.
If a submission is accepted for publication, the Board will then conduct a detailed review process. Amendments and suggestions, if any, to the manuscript, shall be communicated to the authors at the earliest. The final publication of the manuscript is contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions to the satisfaction of the Editorial Board.
- The Editorial Board retains complete discretion over acceptance or rejection of manuscripts and it will not entertain requests for advance decisions based on abstracts, topic proposals or outlines.
- Post-review, manuscripts may be returned to the author(s) with suggestions related to substance and/or style.
- Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by the Editorial Board, the copyright is vested in the Blog. However, the moral rights over the manuscript shall vest in the author(s).
- Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication, the same shall not be published on any other platform. Cross publication is permitted subject to the prior approval of the Editorial Board.
All queries can be addressed to the Editorial Board at [email protected].
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- 18th National Moot Court Competition KSHAN 2023 by Raisoni Law College: Register by Jan 15!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 5th Shri. Hashuji Advani Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2022-23 by VES College of Law: Register by Dec 25!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- 7th National Moot on Constitutional Law by Law College Dehradun [Feb 24-26; Prizes Worth Rs. 1 L]: Register Now!
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Moot Court Competition by DNLU in association with NHRC [Feb 10-12, 2023; Prizes worth Rs.1.3 lakhs]: Register by Dec 18!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- 5th Surana & Surana and UILS National Moot Court Competition: Register by Dec 30!
- Justice M.L. Pendse National Environment Law Moot Court Competition 2023 by MNLU Mumbai: Register by Dec 15![Win Prizes up to Rs. 1 Lakh]
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.