The Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for the DIAC Internship Programme. DIAC is a unique effort of making ADR through arbitration a reality by achieving the twin objectives of speed with cost effectiveness. DIAC will provide first-hand, practical experience of the role and functions performed by a leading arbitral institution. At DIAC, you will work with a dynamic, multicultural and professional team of arbitration lawyers on the administration of cases under the DIAC Rules.
Details on how to apply to the DIAC Internship Programme are set out below:-
Period and Duration of Internship:
- The Internship will be for a maximum period of 4 weeks which can be extended to 8 weeks. However, with prior approval of the Co-ordinator of DIAC the Internship may be for a shorter or longer duration.
- The applicant to indicate (as specifically as possible):-
- The period of availability; and
- The preferred dates.
The applicant should be in his/her 3rd year of study (or higher) of a 5 year law program or in his/her 2nd year of study (or higher) of a 3 year law program or, Law student pursuing LLM/pursuing PhD.
Preference will be given to students showing keen interest in or having knowledge and understanding of Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The intern will assist under the supervision of the Coordinator at DIAC.
The intern will have the opportunity to actively contribute to all the activities of the DIAC in the following tasks:-
- Reading, commenting on and drafting documents related to current arbitration cases.
- Doing research for the preparation of conferences, presentations and publications
- Assisting the team in its daily case-management tasks; reviewing, analysing and commenting on legal submissions.
- Research tasks for the preparation of conferences, presentations and publications.
- Other projects based on the intern’s interests and background.
DIAC internships are not remunerated.
NOTE: Applicants should note that DIAC will not cover their cost of travel or any other expenses.
On successful completion of the internship, the intern will be eligible for certificate from DIAC provided they adhere to the guidelines and have regular attendance at DIAC.
Applications should be addressed in English only by email addressed to the Selection Committee at [email protected] .
Documents required as a part of the internship application:
- A short CV.
- A cover letter/statement of interest describing your objectives and motivation in applying for an internship with DIAC.
- Letter of Reference preferably from the University of the applicant.
The selected intern will be required to maintain confidentiality of information they receive during the course of their internship. In the event of failure to adhere with the same, disciplinary action shall be initiated against him/her including termination of the internship programme. The intern shall also indemnify for any such loss caused due to breach of confidentiality.
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at J&G Associates: Apply by November 15
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob (Advocates & Solicitors)
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Neil Chatterjee: Apply Now
- Internship Opportunity with National Commission for Women, Delhi: Apply by Nov 30, 2021
- Research Internship (Paid) at Patrika Foundation, Jaipur: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Pachnanda Law Office, New Delhi (Apply Now)
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KD Law Offices, New Delhi (Apply Now)
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi (Apply Now)
- Internship Opportunity at Lokpal of India, New Delhi (Apply Now)
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Confianzza Law Firm, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Jindal Solicitors & Associates, Chandigarh: Apply Now!
- The Urban Learning Internship Program [TULIP] by MoHUA: Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.