About National Commission for Women
The National Commission for Women has been set up as a statutory body in terms of the National Commission for Women Act, 1990 (Act No. 20 of 1990) to further review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards available to women, recommend remedial measures to remove impediments in realizing such goals, facilitate redressal of grievances and advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women. The Commission also organizes workshops/consultations, constitutes expert committees, undertakes studies/make recommendations for economic empowerment of women, conducts workshops/seminars for gender awareness and takes up publicity campaign awareness in the society against such social evils.
About the Opportunity
The National Commission for Women has, with a view to effectively disseminate knowledge/information on women related issues and build a pool of trained manpower, decided to engage interns in the National Commission for Women with immediate effect. Accordingly it has been decided to offer following categories of internship:
Scheme A: Unpaid Internship for a period not less than 30 days for 1st year students of 3 year LLB Course or 3rd year student of 5 year LLB Course/Post Graduate in Sociology/Social Work 1st year
Scheme B: Paid Internship for a period of 60 days.
Students of the second year of 3-year LLB Course/4th / 5th year BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB Courses/2nd year Post Graduate Sociology/Social Work/ Gender Issue/ Women studies/Gender studies/Students of LLM/ M.Phil/Ph.D/Ph.D Scholars
Stipend: Rs 10,000 per month
With a view to enable students to apply for internship, an on-line application proforma has been made available on the portal of National Commission for Women viz. CLICK HERE.
Students desirous of interning with the NCW may upload their applications in the prescribed proforma indicating dates for the caledar year 2021 when they would like to intern with the Commission. A letter of recommendation from the Head of the Institution/Authorised Signatory may also be uploaded. Efforts will be made to accommodate students closer to the dates indicated by them and, in case, it is not possible to do so, alternative dates will be offered. Each intern will need to maintain a diary of the work done by them on each day of internship in the Commission. All interns will also be required to sign a declaration regarding the confidentiality of information/documents that will come to their knowledge.
The interns will be selected on the following basis:
Scheme A: First come first serve basis subject to fulfilling the eligibility requirements
Scheme B: 50% weightage for the percentage obtained during last two years and 50% weightage for the quality of the ‘Statement of Purpose’ uploaded as part of the proforma.
|The maximum number of interns to be engaged at any point of time, under both schemes will be decided by the Competent Authority, National Commission for Women. It is clarified that no honorarium will be paid in cases where the interns work for less than 60 days.
Important dates :
Internship Duration 06/04/2021 to 31/12/2021
Start Date for Apply – 06/04/2021
Last Date for Apply – 30/11/2021
- Research Internship (Paid) at Patrika Foundation, Jaipur: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Pachnanda Law Office, New Delhi (Apply Now)
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KD Law Offices, New Delhi (Apply Now)
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi (Apply Now)
- Internship Opportunity at Lokpal of India, New Delhi (Apply Now)
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Confianzza Law Firm, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Jindal Solicitors & Associates, Chandigarh: Apply Now!
- The Urban Learning Internship Program [TULIP] by MoHUA: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at GEP Worldwide: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at India Vision Foundation, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mondelez International, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Wildlife Crime Control Bureau Internship Programme (under Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change ), New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Novopay, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at JUVAS, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis (MP-IDSA) Internship Programme: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity with Stipend at Safe Ledger Private Limited: Apply Now
- Internship Program at the Indian Patent Office: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR): Apply Now!!
For more Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.