GNLU is a statutory University established by the Government of Gujarat through Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. GNLU is recognised by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC). GNLU is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU); the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI); and, the International Association of Law Schools (IALS).
GNLU offers interdisciplinary legal courses in five faculties namely, BA LLB, BCOM LLB, BSC LLB, BSW LLB, BBA LLB; one post-graduate programme namely, LLM as well as doctoral programmes in law and interdisciplinary fields. GNLU also offers PhD in Economics. This course is offered with an interdisciplinary study with law.
About Centre For Law & Economics (CLE)
The Centre for Law & Economics (CLE) is a centre of excellence for research and training in the discipline of Law & Economics (also referred to as the Economic Analysis of Law). The Centre values rigorous work in the discipline and aims to promote awareness of and research in the field. It carries out courses and conferences for scholars, practitioners and students apart from publications on the economic analysis of contemporary legal issues. It aims to produce quality prescriptions for legislators, regulators and government departments and provide clear explanations and guidance to businesses and ordinary citizens alike.
The First International Conference on Law & Economics was hosted by Gujarat National Law University on 4-15 March 2015 under the visionary guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Bimal N.Patel, Director, Gujarat National Law University. The Second International Conference on Law & Economics was hosted by IIT Kanpur which was organized on 3-4 September, The Third International Conference on Law & Economics was hosted by IIM
Ahmedabad on 18-19 November 2017. The Fourth International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law and Governance was hosted by GNLU Gandhinagar from March 18 to March 21, 2021, with the encouragement and support of Prof. (Dr.) S. Shanthakumar, Director, Gujarat National Law University.After organising four
conferences, the Fifth GNLU International Conference on Law, Economics, and Public Policy is scheduled in the month of March 2022.
5th GNLU INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON LAW, ECONOMICS, AND PUBLIC POLICY – MARCH 2022
The subject of ‘Law & Economics’ or ‘Economic Analysis of Law’ is concerned with the interface between the subjects of Law & Economics. It permits the greater use of economic tools and concepts to examine and understand the law in addition to recognising the importance of law to the analysis of the economy. Today, the field of Law & Economics has expanded and transformed subjects such as property, contracts, torts, criminal law and procedure, constitutional law, administrative law, environmental law, family law, etc. Moreover, with further restrictions around the world due to COVID-19, economic policies have evolved impacting major sectors. This calls for a general theme of law and economics for this International Conference.
The inherent advantage of this field is that its objective nature permits the legal system to function rationally and more efficiently. Besides, it provides a useful normative standard for evaluating law and policy. Law & Economics is a cutting-edge, interdisciplinary field that applies tools from microeconomic theory to legal rules and structures so as to explain their functioning, evaluate their performance and prescribe alternative rules and structures so as to create optimum social outcomes. Law & Economics has seen prolific development in various jurisdictions and has elicited startling results that have changed the way we look at and run our legal systems, winning scholars a number of accolades, notably including the Nobel Prize in
Economics. This calls for a general theme of law and economics for this International Conference.
With further restrictions around the world due to COVID-19, economic policies have evolved impacting major sectors. The study of the impact of these policies need academic deliberation.
Who can Participate?
1. Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Economics
2. Research Scholars pursuing Ph.D. in the interdisciplinary study of Law and Economics
3. Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Statistics
4. Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Public Policy
5. Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Development Studies
6. Students pursuing Five-Year/Three LLB Discipline
7. Students pursuing One-Year/Two-Year LLM Discipline
8. Academicians teaching and researching in the interdisciplinary study of law and economics.
9. Professionals working in Banking, Finance or Economics field.
This is not an exhaustive list. Students, Researchers, Academicians, Professionals having an avid interest in the interdisciplinary study of Law and Economics are welcome to be part of the Conference too.
- Last Date for submission of Full Paper – 01st February 2022.
- Confirmation of Acceptance – 18th February 2022.
- Last Date of Registration and Payment– 28th February 2022.
- Submission of PowerPoint Presentation– 02nd March 2022
- Date of Conference: March 10 and 11, 2022
Link for submission of the paper :
For further details, kindly refer to the attached brochure.
Ms. Bedapriya Lahiri (8305261053)
Ms. Gayatri Kapur (8826923334)
Ms. Manogya Misra (8920538075)
Mr. Dhimaan Dutta (8527022312)
- Call for Papers | Master’s conference on intellectual property (MCIP) by Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law (RGSOIPL): Submit by Feb 10!
- SESSION ON “CHANGING NOTIONS OF DATA PRIVACY IN DIFFERENT NATIONS” BY WORLD CYBER SECURITY FORUM (WCSF): Jan 27
- Guest Lecture on “Pre-Arbitration: Roadblocks to Resolution” by CCADR CNLU: Jan 30
- Webinar on “Oral Submissions – From Preparation to Presentation” by 1st Asia Pacific Vis Pre Moot: Register by Jan 28!
- Poetry Writing Competition by NSS NLU Assam: Register Now!
- 13th ASIAN Criminology Conference by Asian Criminological Society and GNLU: Submit Abstract by 31st March 2022
- International Conference on “MSMEs: Legislative and Regulatory Challenges” by GNLU: Submit Proposal by 24th Jan
- Online Lecture on the topic “Mapping Fundamental Duties in Contemporary India” by Centre For Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Jan 25
- Call for Chapters | Emerging Transformational Law: Submit your Abstract by March 1!
- Webinar on ‘Constitutional Amendments: Making, Breaking, and Changing Constitutions’ by Centre for Constitutional Law, DNLU: Feb 7
- CyberPro Blog Writing Competition (Inaugural Edition) by World Cyber Security Forum (WCSF): Submit by Feb 20!
- TSCLD’s workshop on “Indian Constitution in 2022: Judicial Perspectives”: Jan 26
- Call for Blogs | Samvidhi: Submit now!
- National Panel Discussion on ‘Future of Environmental Litigation and Advocacy in India’ by ICFAI Law School: 16th Jan 2022
- Webinar on Weapons in Space by Volterra Fietta: Register by Jan 18!
- Call for Papers | NLIU Law Review |Volume XI Issue II: Submit by Feb 15!
- Webinar on “CELEBRATING INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM: KNOWLEDGE SHARING ON INNOVATION AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY” by DPIIT IPR CHAIR, GNLU: 12th Jan 2022
- International Conference on”Deliberations on Rethinking the Environment: Sustainability in Modern Era” by DME Law School: Register by Jan 31!
- Call for Blogs | Blog Series on “Right to Privacy and the Legality of Surveillance” by Centre for Internet and Society (CIS), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 15
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.