About the Organisers
The Magazine Committee of Department of Law, University of Calcutta
Established in 1909, the Department of Law, University of Calcutta is one of the oldest legal institutions in South East Asia. The Department’s century old legacy boasts of an enviable list of illustrious personalities which include jurists, legal luminaries, Presidents and politicians, many of whom have been instrumental in changing the course of the country.
The MAGAZINE is published by the Magazine Committee of the Department, which is composed of students of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta. The committee prides itself for providing a platform to law students to fully express their views, opinions, and art – without the binding limitations of them having to be strictly legal in nature.
About the Magazine: The Muses
“The Muses”, is the official online bi-annual publication, written and edited by the students’ of Department of Law, University of Calcutta, which chronicles all activities under the aegis of the institution, and paints a picture of the yearly endeavours of this institute and its students. This publication provides a platform for the students to exhibit their creative, scientific, literary, academic prowess.
This edition, we are accepting submissions from all.
All submissions should be made to [email protected]
1. The magazine will accept opinion pieces, prose, poems, travelogues, essays, book and film reviews, and articles.
2. Please mention your name, semester, and institutional affiliation in the submission mail.
3. The subject of the mail should be ‘Submission for The Muses: 4th Edition’.
Who can submit?
The Magazine is accepting submissions from all. Including individuals not enrolled as students of Department of Law, University of Calcutta.
Last Date: Extended to 1st February, 2022.
1. Should be submitted in a pdf and an editable word format.
2. Word limit: 5000 words.
3. The magazine allows up to three co-authors.
4. The magazine will accept submissions in English, Hindi, and Bengali.
5. Citations should be referenced in a bibliography format.
Types of submissions
Fiction: Stories, Poems
Non-fiction: Articles, Essays, Opinion Pieces, Travelogues, Book and Film Reviews.
Photographs, paintings/digital art: Should be submitted in a jpeg format, in the highest resolution possible.
* All those contributors whose pieces will be published in the magazine will get an e-Certificate of Publication.
Sexually explicit, overtly political, and plagiarised submissions will be rejected.
The website of the magazine committee: CLICK HERE
Published editions: CLICK HERE
Any and all queries should be addressed to:
- Virtual National Conference on ‘Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction’ by NLSIU: Register by 20th Nov 2022
- Call for Papers: 15th International Seminar on ‘Right to Privacy in Digital Era-Challenges and Solutions’: Submit by Nov 20, 2022
- Call for Papers: Maharishi Journal for Law & Society, Vol. IV Issue I with ISSN: 2581- 8007 by Maharishi Law School, Noida: Submit by 25 November 2022
- Call for Papers: JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal: Submit by December 05, 2022
- Call for Papers: International Conference by South Asian University: Submit Abstract by December 12, 2022
- Call for Papers: Centre for Corporate Research Law Journal (Volume 6), Institute of Law, Nirma University: Submit by 28th November 2022
- Call for Submissions – “UDBHAV” by Think India Assam: Submit by 13th November 2022
- Call for Papers: Journal on Corporate Laws & Commercial Regulations, MNLU Mumbai: Submit by 20th November 2022
- Call for Blogs: International law and Policy Society NLUO [ILPS]: Rolling Submissions for 2022-2023
- National Essay Writing Competition, 2022 by AGISS Research Institute: Submit by Nov 10!
- Call For Papers: Journal of Intellectual Property Law (JIPL) by Nirma University: Submit by December 04!
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 19!
- Call for Blogs | “International Conflict & Human Rights” by CRaSH, DNLU: Submit Now!
- Call For Submissions for the e-Magazine-Fourth Edition by Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME): Submit by Nov 05!
- 5th National Essay Writing Competition by School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), RGNUL: Submit by Dec 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Law and Technology by RMLNLU[Jan 07-08]: Submit Abstract by Nov 05!
- Guest Lecture on “Arbitration: Emerging Trends for Dispute Resolution” by CCADR, CNLU: Oct 14
- CfP | Aikyam Law Journal by Starex University, Gurugram: Submit by Oct 16!
- CfS | Competition Law Observer Blog by NLU Jodhpur| Submit Now!
- Interactive Session on RTI as a Tool for Electoral Transparency and Accountability by CCLG, RGNUL: Oct 11!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.