Hamdard Institute of Legal Studies and Research (HILSR) is one of the departments of Jamia Hamdard. Established in 2018 after the approval from Bar Council of India (BCI), HILSR aims to produce finest legal professionals for the Bar, Bench and legal academy. Having recently admitted its fourth batch, HILSR currently offers a five-year Integrated BALLB programme. Ever since its inception, the law school has made significant progress and has become one of the prime destinations to study law in the national capital. The faculty members at HILSR are highly qualified with diverse knowledge and experience. In addition to that, eminent judges and lawyers are also invited to provide students practical knowledge about the working of legal institutions. HILSR has quality infrastructure with air-conditioned classrooms, a well established library, a moot court and a legal aid clinic apart from other facilities available in the campus.
About the Competition
Moot Court Committee, Hamdard Institute of Legal Studies & Research (HILSR), School of Law, Jamia Hamdard is pleased to announce its 1st Edition of the Hakeem Abdul Hameed National Moot Court Competition. The Competition will take place on 25th-27th March 2022.
The Founder-Chancellor of Jamia Hamdard, Hakeem Abdul Hameed, a renowned physician of the Unani system of medicine served the poorest of the poor and also had global dignitaries and personalities such as Prince Charles of England as his patient. Hakeem Saheb was a philanthropist who always had public service as his driving force. He set up a complex of educational institutions over a period of time which finally got amalgamated in Jamia Hamdard in 1989.
The 1st Hakeem Abdul Hameed National Moot Competition is scheduled to take place on 25th-27th March 2022 at Hamdard Institute of Legal Studies & Research (HILSR), School of Law, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi. However, kindly note that the competition may be held in online mode in case Covid-19 pandemic worsens.
Eligibility and Team Composition
The competition is open for students pursuing 3 year or 5 year LL.B from any University approved by the Bar Council of India. All team members must be vaccinated with both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. The vaccine certificates of all team members will be verified on arrival.
Each time must comprise of three (3) members. Two (2) speakers and One (1) Researcher. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
How to Register?
All interested teams must register themselves by filling the following form: – CLICK HERE
Teams must not forget to attach the proof of fee payment in the form. At the time of registration, teams must attach an NOC from the University head/Dean/Director. The same must be attached with the form. The last date for registration shall be 25th January 2022.
The registration fee for the competition shall be Rs 4,000 per team. In case the number of registered teams exceeds 16, there will be shortlisting on the basis of memorials and the top 16 teams shall proceed to oral rounds.
Teams must note that this amount will not be refunded even if the team does not qualify for oral rounds. The registration fee shall not be refunded under any circumstances. The payment must be made via Online Bank Transfer to the following account:
- Account Name: JAMIA HAMDARD
- Account Number: 0387010100001539
- Bank Name: The Jammu and Kashmir Bank Ltd.
- IFSC Code: JAKA0OKHLAA (5th digit is Zero, followed by alphabet “O”)
- Branch: Okhla Industrial Area, Phase-II, New Delhi-110020
The following awards shall be given: –
- Best Team/Winner: – Rs 15,000 Cash Prize + Certificate of Merit + Trophy
- First Runner Up: – Rs 10,000 Cash Prize + Certificate of Merit + Trophy
- Best Speaker, Best Memorial, Second Runner Up team shall be given Certificate of Merit and Trophy.
- All Participants shall be given Certificate of Participation.
- Release of Moot Problem, Brochure and Commencement of Registrations: December 30, 2021
- Last Date of Registration: February 04, 2022
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: January 30, 2022
- Release of Clarifications: February 5, 2022
- Submission of Memorial and Compendium (if any) in soft copy: February 25, 2022
- Result of Memorial Shortlisting, in case number of teams registered exceeds 16: March 1, 2022
- Submission of Memorial and Compendium (if any) in hard copy, only by those teams who have qualified for oral rounds: March 10, 2022
- Inauguration Ceremony, Draw of Lots and Exchange of Memorials: March 25, 2022
- Preliminary Rounds, Draw of Lots and Exchange of Memorials for Quarter Finals, Quarter Final Rounds, Exchange of Memorials for Semi Final Round: March 26, 2022
- Semi- Final Round, Draw of Lots and Exchange of Memorials for Final Round, Final Round and Valedictory Ceremony: March 27, 2022
Official Brochure – CLICK HERE
In case of any queries regarding the competition feel free to mail your queries at [email protected] or contact:
- Sakshi Singh, Student Convener, MCC : +91 9935398997
- Tushar Batra, Student Convener, MCC : +91 9971375727
- Call for Papers | International Seminar on Environmental Law & Policy by AGISS Research Institute & MVN University: Submit Abstract by Oct 14!
- 1st Legislation Drafting Competition by GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Science: Submit by Nov 30!
- 2nd Training Programme on International Maritime Law by Gujarat Maritime University in association with Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University: Oct 3-9!
- Conference on ‘Mediation: A Suggested Resolution, A Forced Compromise or an Amicable Settlement?’ by WDE- World Disputes Ecosystem: Sept 29!
- Legal Conclave on, ‘Indianisation of Legal System and Education’ by Law Faculty of Delhi University: Sept 29/30!
- Webinar series on ” MEDIATION IN ACTION- Process and Techniques” by ACADR, Alliance University: Sept 26!
- Call for Papers | Interdisciplinary National Conference by BIHER: Submit by Sep 26!
- 2nd Annual Lex Fiesta 2022 by CLS GIBS: Register by Nov 1!
- Call for Blogs | Nirma University, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights’ IP Blog: No Fees, Submit Now!
- National Seminar on “The Role of Fast track special courts in the state of Tamilnadu” by VIT School of Law X NCW Delhi: Oct 07!
- Call for Paper | Lloydian Volume 8 Issue 2 (2022), Issue II International Student Law Review Of LLOYD Law College: Submit by Dec 15!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Certificate Course on International Humanitarian Law by CASH RGNUL: Register by Sep 26!
- One Day National Conference on ‘Right to Information: Law, Policy and Governance’ by RGNUL: Register by Oct 08 (Extended)
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 13!
- ArbDossier-GIAS Two-Day Training Session on “The Practitioners’ Perspective on Arbitral Proceedings” [Online; Sept 17-18]: Register Now!
- RGNUL CBLT Two Credit Course on Corporate Laws and Practice: Register by Sept 20!
- POCSO Workshop by MNLU Mumbai: Register by Sept 15!
- Call for Articles by WDE (World Disputes Ecosystem – Federation of Integrated Conflict Management) Organisation [No Fee]: Rolling Submissions
- National Workshop on Drafting Pleading and Conveyancing-2022 by Alliance University: Register by Sept 22!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.