IMS Unison University in collaboration with Kathmandu University is organizing International Conference on Transforming International Dispute Resolution Mechanisms During a Paradigm Shift in Geopolitics, to be held on 29th -30th July, 2022.
ABOUT IMS UNISON UNIVERSITY
IMS Unison University Dehradun, a constituent of Unison Group has made fast strides in the horizon of education as a premier educational and research. IMS Unison University aspires to become a renowned center for creation & dissemination of knowledge. It aims to provide a holistic career-oriented education that develops intellectual, moral and physical capabilities of the students, nurturing creativity and innovation.
ABOUT KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY
Kathmandu University (KU) is an autonomous, not-for-pro?t, self-funding public institution established in 1991. It is an institution of higher learning dedicated to maintaining the standard of academic excellence in various classical and professional disciplines. The mission statement of the University is “to provide quality education for leadership”. The vision is “to become a world-class university devoted to bringing knowledge and technology to the service of mankind”. The University aspires to serve the nation by ful?lling the needs of the society through the motto of taking knowledge and skills “from the campus to the community.”
It is our pleasure to invite you to the International Dispute Resolution Conference 2022 (“Conference”) to be held on July 29-30, 2022, at IMS Unison University, Dehradun. The two-day Conference on the theme ‘Transforming International Dispute Resolution Mechanisms During a Paradigm Shift in Geopolitics’ is jointly organized by the School of Law IMS Unison University, India and Kathmandu University, Nepal.
On 20 December 2018, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements Resulting from Mediation (“Mediation Convention”). It opens enormous business opportunities for enterprises and dispute resolution professionals. The term ‘paradigm shift in geopolitics’ in the theme of the Conference aims to foster discussion on emerging trends in dispute resolution and the impact of the Mediation Convention on international business environment.
During these two days, scholars, lawyers, and ADR practitioners will share views and experiences as to how their unique perspectives on mediation, negotiation, arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution mechanisms have the capacity to shape and transform con?ict across the globe.
For the convenience of the participants and paper presenters the following sub themes have been proposed.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Research papers are invited from research scholars, academicians, lawyers, jurists and students on the abovementioned theme. The following sub-themes are only illustrative in nature and may include any paper covering the major themes of the Conference.
- Trend of using IDR to address Trading and Investment Disputes
- The Evolving World of Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Convention on International Settlement Agreements Resulting from Mediation
- State to State Dispute Resolution
- Investor State Dispute Resolution
- Mediation a Smart Way to Resolve International IP Disputes
- International Arbitration in the Digital Era
- Challenges and Opportunities in Commercial Arbitration and Commercial Mediation
- Dispute resolution mechanisms and climate change/environmental issues (law reform).
The above sub themes are not exhaustive, the author(s) may select any other relevant issue giving a comprehensive and indispensable review of developments in the area of International Dispute Resolution. (You may refer to the brochure for more sub themes)
The abstract must be developed on A4-sheet in Word Document Format typed in Times New Roman in 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing in not more than 500 words, it should not contain more than FIVE keywords.
The abstract should contain personal details of the author(s) in the order: Title of the paper, Name, Designation, Institute/ University/ College/Organization, Contact number, E-mail and address (es), of the author(s).
Kindly indicate the name of the main author for correspondence in case of more than one author. All abstracts will be peer reviewed and evaluated on the basis of originality, research rigor, relevance to the seminar, and contribution to the theory and practice.
Submissions are to be made only in electronic form. The same may be e-mailed to [email protected] in MS Word format along with a covering letter addressed to Organizing Secretary.
Title Must be written in bold, size 14 and centered margin. Margin Manuscripts must be in single spacing, font size 12 in Times New Roman and all margins: 1.5 inches (left) and 1 inch (top, right and bottom).
Tables must be placed as part of the text. DO NOT attach tables at the end of the manuscript. Soft Manuscript must be submitted in Microsoft Word 2007 in the above format ONLY.
Sub-Title must be written in bold, size 12 and left margin.
Title of the tables/?gure should be written on the top of the tables/?gure. Times New Roman, font 12, Bold and centered margin.
Footnoting should be done strictly according to Bluebook 20th Edition, Times New Roman, Size 10, Line -Spacing 1
Word Limit- Articles should be generally of 4000-4500 words (excluding references and footnotes).
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission.
Registration is mandatory on con?rmation of acceptance of abstract, with the payment of required fees to be deposited in the bank account. (No registration fee for participants outside of India)
Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in International Conference.
No refund will be allowed once a participant/paper presenter is registered. All the registered participants will be provided participation certi?cate. The Best Paper of each session will be acknowledged and awarded.
In the event of the International conference being conducted in the o?ine mode the participants will be responsible for the arrangement of their personal accommodation.
Breakfast and lunch to the participants will be provided by the university. Only one co-author is allowed.
No in-absentia presentations will be allowed, at least one author must be present for presentation.
Abstract Submission June 07, 2022.
Date for con?rmation of acceptance of Abstract June 20, 2022.
Last Date for Registration June 30, 2022.
Submission of full Paper July 10, 2022.
The participants are requested to send their abstracts & papers to [email protected]
Due to the current uncertainty of the COVID-19 situation, the mode of the international conference has not yet been ?nalized. If the circumstances permit the conduction of the conference in o?ine mode, it will be conducted in the university campus. If unfavorable situations persist, then the conference will be conducted online.
The following are the registration fee for online and o?ine mode of International Conference. Considering the COVID19 situation at the time, the University will duly inform the participants regarding the preferred mode of conduction of the Conference.
Academicians / Organization Representatives/ Research Scholars/ Students (Including Co-Author) Rs. 500
Academicians / Organization Representatives (Author) – Rs. 1200
Academicians / Organization Representatives (Co-author) – Rs. 700
Research Scholars/ Students (Author) – Rs. 1000
Research Scholars/ Students (Co- Author) – Rs. 700
*GST Included in registration fees
*No Registration Fees for Participants From Outside of India
O?cial Email ID- [email protected]
BROCHURE: CLICK HERE
- Legal Jobs – 9th March 2022
- 1st IMC International Mediation Competition, Organised by Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram (March 23-25th ): Register by March 18th!
- Legal Research Internship [Virtual] at Simplyfi: Apply by Mar 10!
- Webinar on “Ambush Marketing – Is it time to legislate?” by FICCI: Mar 11!
- Madhyastham UPES ADR Fest, 2022: Register by March 15!
- Call for Applications | Legal Content Writer at Finology Ventures: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Absocorp Legal: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at U&S Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thodur Law Associates, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Krishan Kumar & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Jobs – 8th March 2022
- Call for Papers by NLIU Journal for Legislative Drafting and Parliamentary Research (JLDPR; Inaugural Edition): Submit by Mar 15!
- National Women’s Day Guest Lecture by Think India IIT Guwahati: March 09!
- Lecture on ‘Remembering the Titan, Late Soli Sorabjee’ by Jindal Society of International Law: March 09
- Justice RK Tankha Parliamentary Debate Competition 2022 by DNLU Jabalpur[Cash prize worth 1.5Lacs]: 15th – 17th April 2022
- Call for Applications | Advocates at Hemant Gupta and Associates, Advocates and Consultants, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ravi Gakhar Law office: Apply Now!
- Editorial Internship Opportunity at ETLegalWorld, Noida: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship at EPA Law Offices: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship at Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA India): Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.