About the Institute
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University was established in the year 2000.Vivekananda School of Law and Legal Studies (VSLLS) of Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS), is committed to realizing the words of Swami Vivekananda: “Man Making, Character Building and Nation Building”. The institute has been recognised as “A” grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
About the Debate Competition
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies is inviting interested and eligible participants for the Vivekananda International Debate Competition, 2022 which will be held virtually on August 4-5, 2022.
The theme for the competition is ‘Artificial Intelligence and Data Breach’.
- The competition is open for all the college/university students from all countries across the globe.
- Students enrolled in any UG/PG course are eligible to participate in the competition.
- Participants are encouraged to register in a team of two under the banner of their respective institution. Under no circumstances an institution will be allowed to register with one student.
- An institution shall be allowed to send a maximum of two teams for the competition.
Rules of the Debate Competition
- The format of the debate will be based upon the Lincoln-Douglas model of debating with a few modifications which have been enumerated below.
- The Competition will proceed in a 2 v. 2 Format.
- There will be a pre-break round in the competition. In Post-break, the rounds will be Octa-Finals, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and The Grand Finale.
- 5 minutes will be given to each speaker and 1.5 minutes will be given to each team for rebuttals in the pre-break round. The time limit for the post-break rounds shall be 6 minutes per speaker and 2 minutes for the rebuttals.Motion for the pre-break round will be released 24 hours in advance and the motions for the post-break rounds will be released 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the rounds.
- In the pre-break round, based on the collective scores of each team, the top 16 teams will proceed to the post break round. Thereafter, in each proceeding round of competition the best team from each virtual room will proceed to the next round.
Registration Link- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Registration shall be on ‘first come-first serve basis’.
- Early Bird Registration fees for Indian students (per team till May 31, 2022): INR 500
- Early Bird Registration fees for International students (per team till May 31, 2022): $10
- Registration fees for Indian students (per team) (from June 1, 2022): INR 700
- Registration fees for International students (per team): $15
- Last Date for Early Bird Registration: May 31, 2022
- Limited slots for Early Bird Registration shall be on ‘first come-first serve basis’.
- Last Date for Early Bird Registration: May 31, 2022
- Last Date for Registration: July 15, 2022
- The Best Team: Rs. 25,000/- (330 USD)
- Runners Up: Rs. 15,000/- (200 USD)
- Best Speaker (National Category)*: Rs. 2,500/- (33 USD)
- Best Speaker (International Category)*: Rs. 2,500/- (33 USD)
(Note: The Best Speaker Awards shall be awarded based on the individual performances in the Pre-Break Rounds.)
- Astha Dhawan +91 95820 42118
- Pritthish Roy +91 88603 67740
- Devanshi Dharia +91 98113 30501
- Chaitanya Girdhar +91 72499 38633
Email us at: [email protected] for any queries.
- Interactive Virtual Workshop on “Delhi through Gender lens” by AKMD foundation: Register Now!
- “By The Quill-Celebrating Passion for Literature” by LitSoc NLUJAA: Register Now!
- 4th National Faculty Development Program by Amity Law School, Lucknow: Register by Jun 15!
- Know Your IP Week-24 Online Lecture/Webinar on Non-conventional Trademarks by DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University: May 28
- Internship Opportunity at Moolya Foundation (Policy Research Team): Apply by 27th May 2022
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wiggles.in, Pune: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Cordatus Law Chambers LLP, New Delhi: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Legal Associate at Chambers of Parveen Kumar Aggarwal, New Delhi (PQE-2-3 Years): Apply by May 25!
- AUAP-JLU International Moot Court Competition 2022: Submit by Jun 22!
- Legal Jobs – 23rd May 2022
- Legal Jobs – 21st May 2022
- CfP | CNLU’s E-Journal of Academic Innovations and Research in Intellectual Property Assets (E-JAIRIPA), Vol-3, Issue-1, (Jan-June) 2022: Submit by Jun 30!
- CfP: CNLU’s E-magazine ‘IP BULLETIN’ [Volume-3 | Issue-1 (January-June 2022)]: Submit by 30th June!
- Virtual Legal Internship at AAA Legal, South Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at KS Legal and Associates, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Research Fellow at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy for Maharashtra Office: Apply by Jun 10!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at BharatPe: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity – Judicial Integrity Network in ASEAN, UNDP : Apply by 19th May
- Legal Internship at Sapphire and Sage Law Offices, New Delhi: Apply Now
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.