About CASH RGNUL:
nternational Humanitarian Law (IHL) is a set of rules which seeks, for humanitarian reasons, to limit the effects of armed conflict. It protects the persons who are not, or are no longer, participating in the hostilities and restricts the means and methods of warfare. International Humanitarian Law is also known as the ‘Law of War’ or the ‘Law of Armed Conflict’.
The Geneva Conventions of 1949 and their Additional Protocols of 1977 require the State Parties to disseminate the content of these humanitarian treaties as widely as possible in their respective countries. Of course, their inclusion in the military instructions is indispensable to ensure their implementation in the times of armed conflict. However, it is equally important to promote the knowledge of Humanitarian Law among those whom it is intended to protect – the civilian population as well as among those who have to apply it. At the same time, political leaders policy planners and the decision-makers must also be familiar with the law so that they are aware of its relevance, realism and mode of operation, if and when a conflict breaks out.
The subject of International Humanitarian Law has assumed immense significance in India during the last decade or so and it is offering newer avenues for the law graduates in the Twenty First Century. Therefore, to ensure its respect and also to promote its development, it is an essential task to include International Humanitarian Law as a subject at academic level. At the same time it is need of the hour to create awareness and interest among the students so that they can choose International Humanitarian Law for their future research and to sensitize general public about the provisions of the IHL. Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH)established at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab at Patiala has taken a number of steps to achieve in the South Asian region.
Due primarily to efforts of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Regional Delegation, New Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab has established in a short span of one and half year a Center for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH) with the sole aim of promoting teaching and research in the area of IHL.
About the Course
CASH is organizing a certificate course on International Humanitarian law, in collaboration with the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), RGNUL with an aim of encouraging students from various fields and with an aim of encouraging students from various fields and academicians with the relevance of International Humanitarian Law.
The Objective of the course of international humanitarian law is to make students understand that IHL does not stop the war although it limits the effects of war. It covers two areas:
? The protection of those who are not, or no longer, taking part in fighting.
? Restrictions on the means of warfare – in specific weapons – and the methods of warfare, such as military tactics.
About the Visiting Faculty
Mr. Marco Sassòli is Professor of International Law at the University of Geneva since 2004. He is also a Commissioner of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) since 2013 and Special Advisor (pro bono) on international humanitarian law (IHL) to the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court. He has published widely on IHL, human rights law, international criminal law, the sources of international law, the responsibility of states and non-state actors and Swiss constitutional law. He is recognized as a leading expert in IHL.
Registration Link: CLICK HERE
The fee for the course is INR 200 only. Interested candidates are required to complete Payment via the Link provided below: CLICK HERE
In case of any query, Please contact:
Kaustubh Dighe – +91 98197 94046
Sanskriti Dixit – 9424662497
- Virtual National Conference on ‘Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction’ by NLSIU: Register by 20th Nov 2022
- Call for Papers: 15th International Seminar on ‘Right to Privacy in Digital Era-Challenges and Solutions’: Submit by Nov 20, 2022
- Call for Papers: Maharishi Journal for Law & Society, Vol. IV Issue I with ISSN: 2581- 8007 by Maharishi Law School, Noida: Submit by 25 November 2022
- Call for Papers: JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal: Submit by December 05, 2022
- Call for Papers: International Conference by South Asian University: Submit Abstract by December 12, 2022
- Call for Papers: Centre for Corporate Research Law Journal (Volume 6), Institute of Law, Nirma University: Submit by 28th November 2022
- Call for Submissions – “UDBHAV” by Think India Assam: Submit by 13th November 2022
- Call for Papers: Journal on Corporate Laws & Commercial Regulations, MNLU Mumbai: Submit by 20th November 2022
- Call for Blogs: International law and Policy Society NLUO [ILPS]: Rolling Submissions for 2022-2023
- National Essay Writing Competition, 2022 by AGISS Research Institute: Submit by Nov 10!
- Call For Papers: Journal of Intellectual Property Law (JIPL) by Nirma University: Submit by December 04!
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 19!
- Call for Blogs | “International Conflict & Human Rights” by CRaSH, DNLU: Submit Now!
- Call For Submissions for the e-Magazine-Fourth Edition by Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME): Submit by Nov 05!
- 5th National Essay Writing Competition by School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), RGNUL: Submit by Dec 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Law and Technology by RMLNLU[Jan 07-08]: Submit Abstract by Nov 05!
- Guest Lecture on “Arbitration: Emerging Trends for Dispute Resolution” by CCADR, CNLU: Oct 14
- CfP | Aikyam Law Journal by Starex University, Gurugram: Submit by Oct 16!
- CfS | Competition Law Observer Blog by NLU Jodhpur| Submit Now!
- Interactive Session on RTI as a Tool for Electoral Transparency and Accountability by CCLG, RGNUL: Oct 11!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.