The Committee to Organize Seminars, Workshops, Extra-Murals, and Special Lectures of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow is organizing the second edition of National Seminar on Law and Technology which will take place on 7th and 8th January 2023.
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University was established by an Act of Govt. of Uttar Pradesh in 2005 and came into being on 4th of January 2006 to meet up the new challenges in the legal field. Being one of the premier National Law Schools in the country, the University aims to provide quality legal education and to cater to the needs of the legal profession with its Centres of Excellence. Additionally, the University has received numerous Letters of Appreciation from the State Government of Uttar Pradesh and has also entered into several MoUs with various International Law Schools in the United Kingdom, Mexico, Nepal, etc.
About the Committee
The Committee to Organize Seminar, Workshops, Extra Murals and Special Lectures was constituted and mandated to organize academic events at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow. It is the primary academic discussion committee of the university. It is known to organize events such as the National Seminar on Law & Tech and Lecture Series on many contemporary and relevant legal issues for the benefit of the student and teaching fraternity throughout the year.
About the Seminar
The study of how law interacts with rapidly evolving technology is more important than ever before. Science and technology have had a significant impact on the development of human civilization and have presented us with new perspectives on the world we live in. It was crucial in changing India and the rest of the globe into a modern, industrialized society. Intellectual Property Rights, Cyber Law, Labour Laws and Trade Law have all been influenced by technology, making it one of the most prominent components in our times today.
Who is it for
This Seminar is an endeavour to invite views from cross-sections of the stakeholders on the legal issues relating to technology while learning from the tangle of the purported conclusions reached in the recent past by courts, regulators, technocrats, and commentators on these issues, and to churn out testable theories and suggestions in the field of technology and its legal aspects. The main motto is to widen the awareness about the interconnectedness of law, science and technology to academicians, research scholars, students and even to the common masses.
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (Offline)
Call for Papers
University invites professionally researched and unpublished research papers, case analysis, articles by Academicians, Policymakers, Journalists, Lawyers, Bureaucrats, Research scholars and Students. Research papers shall be subject to the approval of the Editorial Board for inclusion in the seminar.
The Seminar calls for papers under the following sub-themes. However, the list is only indicative and inexhaustive. Any other topic related to the theme may also be submitted.
- Automated Vehicles and Self-Driving Car: Evolving Legal Challenges
- E-Commerce regulatory landscape in light of Consumer Protection, Foreign Direct Investment Developments, Unfair Terms and Information Technology Rules, 2021.
- Metaverse: Legality and Regulatory Concerns in India.
- Cryptocurrency: Non-Fungible Trades in Intellectual Property Rights, Direct Financial Assess Regulations, Tax Concerns and Stable Coins.
- Artificial Intelligence in Indian System: Issues of Affordability, Accountability and Ethical Challenges.
- Regulatory Sandboxes: Decoding India’s attempt to Regulate Fintech Industry.
- The role of technology in the evolving Pharmaceutical Sector.
- Regulatory challenges and opportunity in the new Information & Communications Technology Ecosystem.
- Changing Data Privacy landscape in India and across Globe.
- Current and Emerging Issues in the Intellectual Property Rights.
- all submissions have to be in English.
- The abstract should not be of more than 500 words. It shall be accompanied by a cover letter containing – a brief profile of the author including e-mail ID, contact number, designation, institution, and official address.
- Word limit for full research paper 4000-6000 words (inclusive of all citations and references).
- Submissions must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5-line spacing. Heading should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 14, Bold, 1.5- line spacing, centre-aligned while sub-heading should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 13, Italicized, 1.15–line spacing. Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 with 1.0-line spacing. The file extension shall be .doc.
- There can be a maximum of only one Co-Author. All the co-authors need to get registered for the seminar.
- Plagiarism shall not exceed more than 10%.
- The Author(s) should also send a declaration along with the abstract & final paper that their work is original and unpublished and that it does not infringe the copyright laws. The organizing committee is not responsible for any copyright infringements by the authors and if found the paper is liable to be unqualified at any stage.
- Author(s) are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation 20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
- Author(s) who intend to present their research papers in the seminar are required to submit the Abstract on or before 5th November, 2022 (latest by 11:59 PM) through the following link:- CLICK HERE
- The abstracts will be peer reviewed by the Editorial Board and only shortlisted abstracts will be invited to submit final papers as well to present them in National Seminar. The final paper should be submitted after the intimation of acceptance of abstract.
- The Manuscript Submission and Registration shall be done through the following link:- CLICK HERE.
Kindly register through the google form link given below: CLICK HERE
The fee for the event is ?2000/- for Students and ?2500/- for Professionals.
- The top three papers in the seminar will receive prize money:
1st Position: ?10000/-
2nd Position: ? 6000/-
3rd Position: ? 4000/
- All the final submission shall be subjected to blind peer review and plagiarism check, subsequent to which the selected papers may be considered for publication in an Edited Book.
- The certificates will be provided to all the papers presented.
Abstract Submission: November 5, 2022.
Intimation of Selected Abstracts: November 10, 2022.
Last date for paper submission: December 20, 2022.
Last date for Registration: December 20, 2022.
National Seminar and Paper Discussion: 7th& 8th January, 2023.
For any further clarification mail us at: [email protected].
Facebook: Committee page: Seminars, Workshops, Extra Mural & Special Lectures Committee, RMLNLU(@seminarrmlnlu)
Event page: Law & Technology: Issues and Perspectives
For more details, kindly refer to the brochure.
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.