About the University
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is the statutory university established by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. The University is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) (2f & 12B). GNLU is a premier institute in the field of legal teaching–learning and research. GNLU a comprehensive, student-centric, competency based multidisciplinary and research-focused University, dedicated to build an environment enabling critical thinking and reflection on the fundamental legal issues confronting the interconnected world, offers B.A., LL.B. (Hon.), B.Com., LL.B. (Hon.), B.Sc., LL.B. (Hon.), B.B.A., LL.B. (Hon.), B.S.W., LL. B, LL.M. and Ph.D. in-Law and inter-disciplinary fields.
About the DPIIT- IPR Chair
DPIIT-IPR Chair was established under the Scheme for Pedagogy & Research in IPRs for Holistic Education & Academia (SPRIHA) by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. Among few eligible Institutions, Gujarat National Law University have been accorded approval to set up the IPR Chair in 2018 to promote Intellectual Property (IP) education and foster IP research and inculcate a long-standing recognition and respect for one’s IP and others IP in the student’s mind.
Click here for official LinkedIn Profile.
About the Internship Scheme
The internship program aims to foster research in IPR and to set up a productive IP ecosystem in India. The Internship program will provide an excellent opportunity to familiarise with the activities of DPIIT IPR Chair. The interns will be required to provide high-quality research and are also expected to facilitate and coordinate the programs conducted by the DPIIT IPR Chair. Towards the completion of Internship, Interns have to submit the research work assigned to them in the form of papers, presentations or reports.
Applications are invited from students from recognized Law Institutions and Universities and having a strong interest in IP law. Candidates are expected to be proficient in legal research and writing, and should be willing to learn.
Interested candidates are required to send their application along with the following requisite to [email protected]
- Cover letter (in the body of the e-mail)
- Curriculum vitae; and
- A writing sample either published or unpublished on Intellectual Property Law (between 1000-1500 words including footnotes)
- The subject line of the email should be “Application for Internship with DPIIT -IPR Chair”.
The last date to apply for online Internship is July 20,2021.
After the selection process, information will be sent to selected Interns via mail.
The duration of the internship would be for six (6) to eight (8) weeks.
Mode of Internship
The Internship will be online. All the reporting and dissemination of information will take place through the Mail. Every task allocated to the interns will have specific guidelines to be followed.
Certificate of Internship
Certificate will be awarded to the interns upon satisfactory completion of all the mandatory requirements of their internships and on submission of their Report/Paper and its evaluation by the DPIIT -IPR Chair.
Terms & Conditions
- No stipend shall be provided for the Internship.
- We reserve the right to terminate the internship at any time, if a selected candidate is found to not diligently fulfil his/her obligations during the internship period.
- If the internship is so terminated, the candidate will not be provided with the certificate.
These vacancies fill up fast; Join Kanooniyat’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also check us out on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Legal Internship Opportunity at the office of Advocate Abhijay Negi, Dehradun: Apply Now
- Call for Trainees for ‘TRAIN AND ENGAGE: Q7’ by Sapphire and Sage Law Offices: Apply by July 04, 2021
- Internship Opportunity at Dunzo (Public Policy Team): Apply by July 05, 2021
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Fidus Law Chambers: Applications Open
- Assessment Internship Opportunity at DigiLaw: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of Puneet Singh Bindra, Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India: Apply Now
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.