The Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis (MP-IDSA) is India’s premier multidisciplinary and forward looking security policy think-tank. Started in 1965 the Institute is home to scholars and analysts from all over the world and provides a platform for bringing together innovative thinkers from a range of disciplines and subject areas including international relations, area studies, military affairs, energy, climate change, economics, social sciences, and science and technology.
About the Opportunity
The MP-IDSA Internship Program is highly competitive and especially useful for young students who have completed a first degree in any discipline relevant to the work of MP-IDSA. Internships ideally last for a period of not less than six months and can be extended to a year on mutual agreement.
Candidates must possess a minimum of a Masters degree in a relevant discipline. Those pursuing the final year of a Masters degree may also apply. However, selection will be based on merit. Deserving candidates having a Bachelor’s degree may also be considered for shorter duration of up to two months.
Not more than 30 years as on 01 January.
Internships ideally last for a period of not less than six months.
Interns are required to contribute to the management of assigned projects, write summaries of events, assist in administrative work, edit documents and web content, and perform other duties as assigned. Candidates should be highly motivated to learn on the job, work under stressful and time sensitive deadlines, should have a flair for team work, have felicity in both written and spoken English and be comfortable working in a multi-national work environment. We are especially seeking young men and women who are looking for learning opportunities
MP-IDSA will provide office space, internet connectivity and other support facilities to interns.
The first two months of the internship will be unpaid. The Institute will pay an honorarium of Rs 10,000 per month (for Indian nationals only) on completion two months if found suitable for further retention.
Interested applicants need to submit the following:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Two reference letters
3. Statement of purpose (The statement should clearly mention the name of the Centre that the candidate wishes to be associated with and the proposed start and end dates of the internship).
4. At least two writing samples (published /unpublished manuscript) each not exceeding 3,000 – 5,000 words
The above documents along with a covering letter may be sent to [email protected]
Please note that foreign nationals would require a research visa for the duration of the Internship Programme. To enable this process, MP-IDSA will provide a letter of affiliation to selected candidates. To avoid any inconvenience, candidates are requested to get in touch with the Indian consulates in their host countries for further information on the application process.
- Legal Internship Opportunity with Stipend at Safe Ledger Private Limited: Apply Now
- Internship Program at the Indian Patent Office: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR): Apply Now!
- Legal Opportunity (Senior Associate) at K.Datta & Associates: Apply by Oct 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AKJ Attorneys & Solicitors LLP, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Sharma & Associates & Precept Law Firm, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 22!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Kaavya Silambanan Associates, Chennai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KPS Advocates, Gurugram: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity under Adv. Dr Shrikant Malegaonkar, Malegaonkar & Associates, Pune: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Lawpretation Legal, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 25!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Law Office of Adv. Sandeep Mishra, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Law Office of Adv. Anchit Jain, Shivpuri, MP: Apply by Oct 17!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at LK&BG Advocates & Solicitors, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Centre for Trade And Investment Law (CTIL): Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Content Writer at CloudLegis: Apply Now!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.