Call for Papers: International Conference by South Asian University: Submit Abstract by December 12, 2022
The conference is announced in the midst of international law issues and challenges thrown up by the developments in the SAARC region and beyond. It aims to provide a platform for international lawyers and academics to exchange views on these developments and offer fresh perspectives. We encourage submissions from early-career academics. Abstracts are invited that engage with the conference theme, including but not limited to the following sub- themes/areas/topics:
Access to justice: independence and impartiality, fair trial, particular challenges to the rule of law in the SAARC region
Artificial intelligence, forms, linkages and impact
Boundaries, territorial disputes, cross-border ethnicities, border management Conflict resolution, challenges to SAARC regionalism
Civil society and SAARC perspectives
Constitutionalism, including balance between the judiciary and other organs of the government
Dispute settlement, provisional measures and interventions before international courts, lessons/implications for South Asian countries
Family and children, inter-SAARC region matters
Food security in the SAARC region, the role of SAARC governments and international institutions
Green energy, energy security and governmental regulations
Intellectual property law, traditional knowledge in the SAARC region, IPR protection and its developmental linkages
Interface between international law and municipal law
International commercial law, international sale contracts, cross-border transport, exchange controls, development and integration of capital markets
International criminal law, genocide, aggression, “ecocide”; investigation, trials and safeguards; responsibility of multinational enterprises
International economic law, economic crisis, right to food, normative fragmentation of mitigation strategies
International environmental law, climate change, poverty and mitigation strategies, including technology transfer and financial assistance, the mandate of multilateral development banks
International human rights law, implementation of economic, social and cultural rights, tribal rights, the rights of minorities and indigenous peoples, right to information, cyberbullying against children, accountability, role of constitutional courts, establishment of a SAARC human rights mechanism
International humanitarian law, armed conflicts, non-state actors, civil liability
International investment law, bilateral investment treaties, host states’ right to regulate, human rights linkages, investor-state dispute settlement
International organizations law, representation in international organizations, interaction between the laws of international organizations and host countries, the impact of COVID-19 on international institutional governance, responsibility and accountability, multinational corporations, including corporate social responsibility, UN Security Council reforms
International refugee law, economic migrants, climate refugees, non- refoulement and security of the state of refuge or residence
International trade law, countervailing, safeguard and tariff measures on products originating from the SAARC region, trade preferences, accession to the WTO, least-developed SAARC countries
Jurisdictional immunities, including those of international organizations, alternative remedies, the role of domestic courts
Law of the sea, sea resource management, disputes concerning limits of the continental shelf in the SAARC region, piracy, responsibility of maritime militia activities, jurisdiction of ITLOS
Natural disasters in the SAARC region, including draught and flood Recognition of governments in the SAARC region, doctrine and practice Self-determination, the role of international judiciary
Terrorism, linkages with new and emerging technologies, terror financing; counter-terrorism: international framework, international judicial cooperation
Use of force, perspectives of the future world order and legal discourse Water sharing and water resource management in the SAARC region
Interested scholars are invited to submit one abstract of 400–500 words. Full name, email address and affiliation of the applicant must be written at the top of the document containing the abstract. Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two authors for one paper.
The applicant must also send a one-page curriculum vitae, including a list of most relevant publications.
The subject column of the submission e-mail must be composed as “ILSR2023 Submission – Name”.
The abstract and the curriculum vitae must be emailed at [email protected]
Relevance to the conference theme Originality of the paper
Geographical and gender balance of the participants
Submission of abstracts: 12 December 2022
Acceptance of abstracts: 26 December 2022
Submission of full papers/extended abstracts: 15 February 2023
Last date of registration: 24 February 2023
Conference date: 01 March 2023 Registration
Non-SAU PhD scholars: INR500/$10/EUR10
Non-SAU teachers and others: INR1000/$20/EUR20
Registration fee is waived for all SAU faculty and students, paper presenters, virtual participants and SAARC government officials.
Travel and accommodation
Onsite attendees will be responsible for their any required travel and accommodation.
The conference will be held at the South Asian University, New Delhi (hybrid).
Dr Ravindra Pratap, Senior Associate Professor, Faculty of Legal Studies.
All communications may be made at [email protected]
- Call for Blogs: International law and Policy Society NLUO [ILPS]: Rolling Submissions for 2022-2023
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Civis: Apply by Oct 26!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thomas George and Associates, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- Women in Government Fellowship by Femme First Foundation: Apply by Nov 30!
- National Essay Writing Competition, 2022 by AGISS Research Institute: Submit by Nov 10!
- Call For Papers: Journal of Intellectual Property Law (JIPL) by Nirma University: Submit by Nov 20!
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 19!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Manocha & Ghosh Law Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Policy Research Internship (Virtual) at Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research (AFPR), Lucknow: Apply Now!
- Call for Blogs | “International Conflict & Human Rights” by CRaSH, DNLU: Submit Now!
- Call For Submissions for the e-Magazine-Fourth Edition by Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME): Submit by Nov 05!
- 5th National Essay Writing Competition by School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), RGNUL: Submit by Dec 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Law and Technology by RMLNLU[Jan 07-08]: Submit Abstract by Nov 05!
- Essay Writing Competition by Law Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Submit by Nov 14!
- Legal Jobs – 11th Oct 2022
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Ethos Legal Alliance, Mumbai: Apply by Oct 12!
- Legal Internship at Link Legal, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at LegalPay, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship at LOHUM, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Nagarajan Law Office, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 15!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.