The CCADR, CNLU, is going to organise a guest lecture on “Arbitration: Emerging Trends for Dispute Resolution” on 14th October 2022 by Mr. Bheem Singh, Deputy Manager (Law) in the Arbitration Cell of POWERGRID
Chanakya National Law University [CNLU] is an autonomous law university in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar as a public university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
About Chanakya Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution
The Chanakya Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CCADR) was established at Chanakya National Law University, Patna, in the year 2021, to promote academic research on themes pertaining to the resolution of disputes.
With the establishment of this research centre, we aim to develop a congenial environment for students and researchers to further their interest in ADR, which enables skill development and helps us compete at the national and international levels. CCADR will strive to promote different dispute resolution methods, get involved in the policy framework related to ADR, and encourage law students to participate in ADR by conducting competitions, and workshops, and promoting research.
About the Guest Lecture
The lecture is a vision of CCADR to provide a platform for students as well as young practitioners to learn from the experience of ADR, such as Arbitration, Mediation, and Negotiation experts.
- Topic: “Arbitration: Emerging Trends for Dispute Resolution”
- Speaker: Mr. Bheem Singh, Deputy Manager (Law) in the Arbitration Cell of POWERGRID
- Date & Time: 14th October, 2022 at 03:00 PM onwards
Mr. Bheem Singh is working as a Deputy Manager (Law) in the Arbitration Cell of POWERGRID & Posted at the corporate Centre/Head Office at Gurgaon. He has a stellar academic record wherein he pursued LL. B (Hons.) from Banaras Hindu University in the year 2009-2012, LL.M. from Banaras Hindu University in the year 2012-2014, UGC-NET (2013) JRF-2014 and enrolled in PhD. Program in 2015 of Banaras Hindu University.
Mr. Singh has various publications under his name, including his book titled “Patent and Public Health in India” and various articles, namely, “Economic Reservation in India”, “Husband is not the master of wife: Sec 497 IPC”, “Arbitration and Conciliation Amendment Bill 2019: An assessment”, “Implications of Moratorium order under IBC”.
He has been a renowned Guest Faculty at various Legal training and awareness programs/seminars/workshops and invitees to judge various competitions related to legal and non-legal programs.
Mr. Singh joined POWERGRID as an Executive trainee (Law) on 01.11.2016. During his training, he got myriad exposure to law and working of corporations while getting posted at different Regional Headquarters situated across the country. After his training, he got posted as Asst. Manager (Law) at POWERGRID’s Regional Head Quarter/ERTS-I RHQ/Patna, wherein he independently handles cases related to contracts, arbitrations, conciliation, Insolvency and liquidation/IBC, labour and statutory compliances, electricity laws, writ petitions, SLPs, title suits, injunctions, executions, lease, Land Acquisition, Forest land, tax matters, criminal matters, etc.
Apart from his above-stated credentials, he also undertakes other functions like furnishing in-house counselling to the management, being a member participant in meetings with the state government., District administration, and other local authorities, being a Nominated member in various in-house committees and vetting of agreements, deeds, documents, loans & advances applications, replying to legal notices, RTI applications, preparation and vetting of draft replies of cases, etc. Additionally, Mr. Singh is a Certified internal auditor for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS).
Registration & Meeting Link
- The Registration is Free. Click HERE to register for the guest lecture.
- Click HERE to join the meeting on 14th October 2022 from 02:55 PM onwards.
- In case of any query, feel free to write to us at [email protected] or contact the undersigned: Aridaman Raghuvanshi (Convener, CCADR): +919519621777 OR, Dakshita Dubey (Co-convener, CCADR): +918571918879
- Contact Ayush Kumar (Co-convener, CCADR) in case of any technical difficulty: +91 7480830235.
- For further updates about our events, follow CCADR on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram!
Note: The lecture is open to all, irrespective of registration; however, the Certificate of Participation will only be provided to those who have attended the session and filled out the feedback form.
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.