About Geeta Institute of Law (GIL)
The Institute is located on NH-1, G.T. Road Panipat, just 50 minutes run from Delhi. The institute was granted affiliation by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2007 and affiliation has been approved by Bar Council of India. Geeta Institute of law is one of the prestigious Law Institute having honored as being the best 27th law college in India by Outlook India Ranking. We are proud of having entered into Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Common Law Admission Test for using CLAT score for admission in Geeta Institute of Law. The method of teaching in GIL includes Lecture Discussion, Case Law Analysis, Moot Court Competitions, Training, Project Assignments, Court Visits and Legal Aid Programmes. The Internship and Placement cell of GIL works throughout the year and provides structured interface in building relationships and networking with legal professionals from the industry.
About GIL Student Law Review
GIL Student Law Review (GSLR) is the flagship journal of Geeta Institute of Law (GIL), affiliated to Kurukshetra University. The journal is an annual, double-blind peer reviewed and edited journal that aims to promote most original and scholarly work in the field of law. The boundaries of the journal are not confined to a specific discipline of law; rather it intends to touch upon all contemporary areas of legal discourse which includes national and international arena.
Note: Being a new journal, it is in process of getting an ISSN number.
Theme for Volume I
GSLR invites well-researched, quality contributions with the cherished object to enhance knowledge quotient and at the same time initiate intellectual dialogue and debate yielding fruitful results. There is no specific theme. The authors are welcome to contribute in the area of contemporary issues.
Types of Submissions
GSLR is accepting submissions from the students of law and Ph.D. scholars in the following categories:
- Long Articles (6000-8000, inclusive of footnotes)
Contributors in this category are intended to extensively engage with a particular legal issue of contemporary relevance while recognizing the lacunae and providing possible suggestions.
- Essays/Short Articles (3000-5000, inclusive of footnotes)
This category targets at the precise analysis of a legal problem which poses serious reconsideration in present social scenario.
- Case and Legislative Comments (1500-2500, inclusive of footnotes)
Authors are intended to present a critical approach to the contemporary legal pronouncements and legislative actions.
General Guidelines for Submission
- Long and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- There can be a maximum of two authors in one submission.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English language only.
- The research paper must be original and unpublished work of the author(s).
- The manuscript must be typewritten. The font should be Times New Roman, font size 12, line spacing 1.5, justified alignment (except the title and ‘abstract’ caption which should be centrally aligned).
- Citation format: ILI Rules of Footnoting must be adhered to. The footnotes must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0 and justified alignment.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- Plagiarism above 10 % shall attract immediate disqualification.
Procedure of submission
- All the submissions must be sent in .doc format through electronic mode only by sending an email to [email protected]eta.edu.in with the subject “Submission for “GIL Student Law Review” on or before 30th April 2022.
- All the contributors are also required to submit a cover letter containing the following information:
- Name of the author (s)
- Designation of author (s)
- Affiliation of the author (s)
- Contact number
- Title of the paper
- Declaration of originality and previously unpublished work.
Deadline of submission
The contributors have to submit their research work on or before 30th April 2022.
No publication fee is charged by the Journal.
In case of any queries regarding GSLR, contact the following:
Email address: [email protected]
- Call for Papers: International Seminar (12th Virtual) on Changing Dimensions of Media Law [June 25th] by Kerala Law Academy: Submit By June 2nd
- Know Your IP Week-23 Online Lecture/Webinar on topic: Contemporary Developments in Trademark Registration on 21-05-2022 by DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University
- Arbitration Lecture Series by GNLU: 20th May 2022
- 3rd Shamnad Basheer Essay Competition on Intellectual Property Law (Prizes Worth 30k) by Spicy IP: Submit by 14th July 2022
- Nation conference on “Geographical Indications in India – Prospects and Challenges” by DPIIT IPR Chair and N C Banerjee Centre of Law, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad: May 18!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- 2-day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) by Jindal Global Law School: Apply by June 05!
- Abhigyaan Lecture series: “War Crimes, Crimes Against Humanity, Genocide & Aggression in Ukraine war” by Campus Law Centre: May 05!
- CfP | VIPS Student Law Review, Volume IV August 2022 Issue: Submit by May 15!
- Webinar on Possibilities in the field of Human Rights Law by Independent Thought: May 1!
- 4th National IPR Symposium on “IPR Awareness to Young Innovators and Entrepreneurs” by School of Business & Law, Navrachana University: May 10!
- Call for Submissions | International Seminar (Eleventh Virtual) on Family Laws, Changing Perspectives, Contemporary Challenges and Solution by Kerala Law Academy (KLA): Submit by May 5!
- Call for Submissions | ‘The Lost Stories’ by LitSoc NLUJAA: Submit by May 5!
- Call for Blogs | VIPS Law Blog: Submit Now!
- RTI National Free 15-Day Online Certificate Courseby IMS Law College: Register by April 30!
- Call for Submissions | Jindal Forum for Space Law (“JFSL”): Submit Now!
- Call for Papers | DNLU Bi-Annual Newsletter: Submit by April 30!
- National Seminar by School of Law, Mody University: Register by June 04!
- International Conference on ADR Mechanism and Procedures by NMIMS School of Law: Submit Abstract by 16th April 2022
- IP Fiesta (The Pitch Bowl and National Intellectual Property Olympiad) by UPES: Register Now
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.