About Geeta Institute of Law (GIL)
The Institute is located on NH-1, G.T. Road Panipat, just 50 minutes run from Delhi. The institute was granted affiliation by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2007 and affiliation has been approved by Bar Council of India. Geeta Institute of law is one of the prestigious Law Institute having honored as being the best 27th law college in India by Outlook India Ranking. We are proud of having entered into Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Common Law Admission Test for using CLAT score for admission in Geeta Institute of Law. The method of teaching in GIL includes Lecture Discussion, Case Law Analysis, Moot Court Competitions, Training, Project Assignments, Court Visits and Legal Aid Programmes. The Internship and Placement cell of GIL works throughout the year and provides structured interface in building relationships and networking with legal professionals from the industry.
About GIL Student Law Review
GIL Student Law Review (GSLR) is the flagship journal of Geeta Institute of Law (GIL), affiliated to Kurukshetra University. The journal is an annual, double-blind peer reviewed and edited journal that aims to promote most original and scholarly work in the field of law. The boundaries of the journal are not confined to a specific discipline of law; rather it intends to touch upon all contemporary areas of legal discourse which includes national and international arena.
Note: Being a new journal, it is in process of getting an ISSN number.
Theme for Volume I
GSLR invites well-researched, quality contributions with the cherished object to enhance knowledge quotient and at the same time initiate intellectual dialogue and debate yielding fruitful results. There is no specific theme. The authors are welcome to contribute in the area of contemporary issues.
Types of Submissions
GSLR is accepting submissions from the students of law and Ph.D. scholars in the following categories:
- Long Articles (6000-8000, inclusive of footnotes)
Contributors in this category are intended to extensively engage with a particular legal issue of contemporary relevance while recognizing the lacunae and providing possible suggestions.
- Essays/Short Articles (3000-5000, inclusive of footnotes)
This category targets at the precise analysis of a legal problem which poses serious reconsideration in present social scenario.
- Case and Legislative Comments (1500-2500, inclusive of footnotes)
Authors are intended to present a critical approach to the contemporary legal pronouncements and legislative actions.
General Guidelines for Submission
- Long and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- There can be a maximum of two authors in one submission.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English language only.
- The research paper must be original and unpublished work of the author(s).
- The manuscript must be typewritten. The font should be Times New Roman, font size 12, line spacing 1.5, justified alignment (except the title and ‘abstract’ caption which should be centrally aligned).
- Citation format: ILI Rules of Footnoting must be adhered to. The footnotes must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0 and justified alignment.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- Plagiarism above 10 % shall attract immediate disqualification.
Procedure of submission
- All the submissions must be sent in .doc format through electronic mode only by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “Submission for “GIL Student Law Review” on or before 30th April 2022.
- All the contributors are also required to submit a cover letter containing the following information:
- Name of the author (s)
- Designation of author (s)
- Affiliation of the author (s)
- Contact number
- Title of the paper
- Declaration of originality and previously unpublished work.
Deadline of submission
The contributors have to submit their research work on or before 30th April 2022.
No publication fee is charged by the Journal.
In case of any queries regarding GSLR, contact the following:
Email address: [email protected]
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.